Duties and Responsibilities
- Abides by the Medical Staff Bylaws, Code of Medical Ethics, Rules and Regulations of the Medical Staff and those specific to the department/division
- Provides the highest attainable standard of medical care for the patients for whom he/she is responsible.
- Carries out full range of inpatient and outpatient clinical duties as assigned by the director of department/head of division and the Consultant Pediatric Hematologist/Oncologist in accordance with individually approved clinical privileges.
- To gain competence in the prescription and administration of chemotherapeutic agents for treatment of Pediatric Hematology/Oncology patients.
- Participates in the on-call duties as required by the department/division.
- Teaches staff assigned for training purposes, and participates with the director of department/head of division and the Consultant Pediatric Hematology/Oncology in planning a programme of career development for trainees.
- Participates in the improvement of quality of patient care (Total Quality Management Programme, Quality Assessment Improvement Programme) as applicable.
- Fulfills the requirements of the Saudi Council for Health Specialties with regard to continuing medical education.
- Participates in and/or actively supports approved research projects.
- Strives to improve his clinical expertise as well as standard of practice with regard to morbidity and cost effectiveness.
- Deputises for the Consultant Pediatric Hematologist/Oncologist as required and shares workload in his specialty during the absence of his colleagues.
- Performs other applicable tasks and duties assigned within the realm of his/her knowledge, skills and abilities, within the hospital and/or affiliated medical facilities.
Qualifications or Relevant Experience:
- Graduate from a recognized medical school.
- Saudi Board, equivalent higher qualification in Pediatrics.
- Fellowship in Pediatric Hematology/Oncology for three (3) years
- Minimum of three (3) years structured Fellowship training in Pediatric Hematology/Oncology in a recognized center post qualification in Pediatrics.
- Publisher of original work, have participated and preferably led original research.
- Self-motivated and with awareness of current trends in the field.
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural environment
- Ability to speak, write and read Arabic and English.