Job Description and Qualifications
This position will be working in the Project Delivery Team at the IGCC Project, Jazan Economic City (JEC), Jazan, in the Southwest portion of Kingdom of Saudi Arabia. Project Delivery supports the Commissioning & Start-up (C&SU) Team to safely and successfully commission & start-up IGCC, as well as execute brownfield projects, within the operating plant, while achieving critical success factors. The successful candidate will:
- Be personally responsible for safely managing projects in an operating plant throughout the stages of FEED, Detail Engineering & Design, Procurement, Construction, and Commissioning
- Develop, implement, and manage construction packages and contractors
- Facilitate effective communication within and across the project team and stakeholders
- Be responsible for project execution activities including safety, cost, schedule, quality, and risk
- Maintaining good relationships with operations, engineering, construction, and contractor personnel to achieve success.
- Run projects through all phases of project execution including scope development, cost estimating, equipment procurement, engineering, design, construction management, and equipment commissioning
- Develop strategies for execution, procurement, and construction in an operating facility
- Develop construction work packages and manage construction including supporting work permit and MOC processes
- Overall safety, cost, schedule, quality, and risk management for each project
- Manage change on projects including taking action to minimize impact
- Periodic project reporting
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering degree with 7+ years of project engineering experience on large Oil, Gas, & Chemicals projects
- Field experience and understanding of construction and start-up/ commissioning techniques and constructability issues
- Experience running projects within operating facilities
- Detailed and results-oriented, organized, self-motivated and customer focused
- Strong organizational and planning skills with ability to communicate clearly and effectively at all levels of the organization
- Aptitude and flexibility for quick learning and adapting to site requirements
- Able to conduct business in English with good verbal and writing skills.
- Engineering &/or construction experience in Gasification (GFU), SRU, SARU, HRU, &/or AGR projects
- Experience & demonstrated skills in identifying problems and determining solutions.
- Collaborative working style and consulting behaviors.
- Experiencing leading project teams
- Good knowledge of documentation management software, e.g. Aconex, OpenText, Documentum, etc.
- Strong analytics and use of MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, etc.)