The Senior Planning Engineer is responsible for the supervision and coordination of all activities of the planning functions.
– Follow-up subcontractors programmes and coordination with Project Construction Programme.
– Initiation / responding to all planning / time related correspondence to Consultant / subcontractors.
– Attend all Site coordination meetings with Consultant / Subcontractors.
– Coordination (or supervision) the preparation of cost / time impact studies on variations to project to determine whether the claim is warranted in conjunction with the project Manager and Quantity surveyor.
– Maintenance of production rates for equipment and labor for all trades.
– Liaison, preparation and issue of all time impact programmes to substantiate / support claims (if applicable) at the post Construction stage.
– Prepare feedback for all production rates of all tasks at the post construction stage.
– Preparation and maintenance of the project As Built programme and close out schedule.
Bachelor’s degree in Civil/Architecture Engineering with 10+ years experience with leading building contracting companies.
The position is for building project. Candidate must be proficient in Primavera latest version and Excel spreadsheet software and be able to set up project plans independently in excess of 5000 activities with resource loading, updates and reports.
Candidates with experience in similar positions in large construction companies in the Arabian Gulf who speak fluent English will be given preference. Knowledge of cost control is an advantage.