About the Job
- Maintains payroll information by collecting, calculating, and entering data from different departments.
- Updates payroll records by entering changes in exemptions, insurance coverage, savings deductions, and job title and department/division transfers.
- Prepares reports by compiling summaries of earnings, taxes, deductions, leave, disability, and nontaxable wages.
- Determines payroll liabilities by calculating employee federal and state income and social security taxes and employer’s social security, unemployment, and workers compensation payments.
- Resolves payroll discrepancies by collecting and analyzing information.
- Provides payroll information by answering questions and requests.
- Maintains payroll operations by following policies and procedures; reporting needed changes.
- Maintains employee confidence and protects payroll operations by keeping the information confidential.
- Males Only.
- Excellent communication skills
- HR certificate is a plus.
- Solid understanding of accounting fundamentals and payroll best practices
- 5-7 years of experience