Job Specification and requirements:
- Consider the aspect of HSE in all Petrophysical activities and adhere to all company mandatory rules.
- Perform petrophysical analyses of Development, Appraisal and Exploration wells (Horizontal & Vertical) for volumetric assessments and reservoir characterization with associated uncertainties and ensure the validation process of the results without supervision.
- Independently contribute to the data acquisition strategy and design of logging programs and core analysis programs and collaborate with other sub-surface disciplines to capture their requirements.
- Develop & Implement data quality control measures to maintain consistent acquired data quality and ensure quality of receivables from service providers.
- Contribute to the upkeep and organization of the Company’s log and petrophysical database.
- Petrophysical focal point to different projects/teams to achieve project & technical objectives and optimize cost.
- Provide technical support to the Assets during the opportunity maturation process, including the post well reviews and develop best practices and lead the process as required.
- Provide image log interpretations and assist supervisor in developing company standards and integrate with other well logs.
- Work with contractors, when required, to ensure that company best practices are followed, and technically sound product is delivered.
- Make recommendations and provide technical analyses to team, line management, Team, and Project leaders (Assets) and other disciplines.
- Prepare technical report and collaborate with all stakeholders to integrate petrophysical data and study results.
- Minimum of 15 years’ experience as a Petrophysicist, as an operations petrophysicist.
- Bachelor’s degree, and preferably master’s degree.
- Skilled in Petrophysical evaluation of both LWD & Wireline logs.
- Skilled in evaluation of both Carbonate & Clastics and Horizontal & Vertical wells. Preference to
- petrophysicists with experience of Middle eastern carbonates.
- Skilled in both Deterministic and Probabilistic interpretation methodologies with uncertainties.
- Skilled in Image log interpretation (LWD & Wireline). Skilled in Horizontal borehole image
- Skilled in Petrophysical data management.
- Knowledge of Geo-steering of wells.
- Knowledge of industry standard petrophysical interpretation software. Skilled in Techlog
- Knowledge of vendor tools and different data acquisition practices.
- Working Knowledge of coring and core analysis techniques.
- Working Knowledge of multiphase Production Logging
- Knowledge of Saturation height function methods & application.
- Experience of working within a multi-disciplined environment with exposure to subsurface oil and gas operations