Primary ResponsibilitiesYour missions:
– Carry out daily responsibilities within the trade finance department and any other tasks assigned by the Reporting Manager/Head of Trade Finance.
– Ensure efficient error free processing of trade finance transactions with strict compliance to policies and within the agreed SLAs.
– Investigate records/files in order to establish or clarify facts required to progress queries raised internally and externally.
– Escalate transactions of an unusual nature.
– Identify risks in daily operations and bring them to attention of the management.
– Ensure conformance to internal procedures / policies / guidelines and local and international norms and regulations, as applicable.
– Liaise with customers and resolve queries / issues, as well as deal with customers or/and counterparts in other banks to respond to queries and problems.
– Maintain correspondence of routine nature with customers and other external / internal stakeholders.
– Oversee all trade finance-related record management and files maintenance.
– Participate actively in the various initiatives within section / unit and the Bank as and when required, suggesting ideas aiming at continuous process improvement.
– Prepare and verify statistical data for management, internal and external stakeholders.
– Test new systems and enhance the existing ones.
– Keep abreast of developments and changes in Import Regulations, U.C.P. and other legal aspects to ensure that correct procedures are followed.
– Provide technical support to Business Units RM & Trade Sales.
– Verify Signature on customer applications as per their mandate.
– Undertake specialized technical duties/assignments related to Trade Finance.
– Provide technical guidance to customers when needed.
– Perform daily/monthly reconciliations and follow-ups on outstanding.
– Verify an authorize transactions as needed.
– Perform in line with the given objectives and KPIs.
Your ProfileYour background:
– You have a degree in the field of Commerce/Banking/Business Administration. Possessing a professional certification such as CITF/CDCS/CSDG is an added advantage.
– You have 4+ years of experience in the Trade services department of a bank.
– You have the knowledge of Computer and banking systems, of SWIFT and internal control mechanisms.
– You have a good knowledge of Bank’s accounting procedures, of latest ICC Rules, ISBP, INCOTERMS 2010, Local Banking and Commercial Law, Legal and Transactional risks, as well as ‘Trade Products’ and their functionality/mechanism.
– You have strong analytical and decision-making skills, as well as oral and written communication skills in Arabic and English.
– You are able to handle work pressure and to work in a time-sensitive environment.
– You are capable of maintaining healthy relationship with colleagues, supervisors, managers, relationship managers and clients.