These jobs are found in Country Offices (COs), Regional Bureaux (RBs), and Headquarters (HQ). The Job holders report to a Head of the Unit, Chief or Information Technology Officer.
At this level job holders typically have independent responsibility for technical, specialized work including planning, organization, coordination and setting objectives. They deal with issues that are often undefined and involve areas of uncertainty and complex inter-relationships. The instructions received are broad and the job holders are expected to consistently demonstrate a high degree of personal responsibility and initiative to respond independently to queries. Job holders have a level of IT expertise and knowledge to adapt and develop standard systems and processes in order to continually improve the level of support provided. Job holders are typically expected to motivate and develop a team of support staff and/or are responsible for specialized support service(s) where the work is undertaken with the help of specially designed techniques, methods and processes.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
- Manage WFP-standard SCOPE hardware and software, such as offline workstations, Point of Sales, as well as applications and programs, utilities, and auxiliary software.
- Manage operation team to ensure SCOPE technical support is delivered in cost and efficient way for beneficiary registration and transfer of entitlement.
- Perform analysis, diagnosis, and resolution of SCOPE issues for end-users (Retailers, Financial Service Providers, CPs etc.), implementing corrective solutions as required.
- Monitor technical complaints raised by different stakeholders and provide regular feedback after resolving.
- Support all technical processes during new interventions rollout through SCOPE, and capture lessons learnt.
- Work closely with all counter parts (Internal and External) to ensure activities are carried out as planned.
- Communicate regularly with SCOPE support team in Sana’a and maintain visibility on issues statuses.
- Provide weekly /monthly status reports for the pending ticket and burning issue raised during implementation and SCOPE rollout.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES 2
- Process and streamline the implementation of SCOPE technical changes.
- Conduct assessment missions to properly benchmark the availability of the required services for the registration and distributions.
- Participate in data review and cleansing and support the data and business analysis team to provide user-centric reporting.
- Assist in the preparation of materials and the delivery of trainings in close collaboration with the Head of training based in Sanaa, on automated business processes to ensure efficient and effective use of solutions.
- Provide trainings and on job coaching to WFP focal points for different modalities, cooperating partners, Financial Service Providers, retailers, and other SCOPE affiliated stakeholders.
- Manage alignment of service levels related to SCOPE incidents with SLAs to strive high quality support services to Internal and External stakeholders on the full range of SCOPE features and functionalities.
- Perform other duties when required.
To lead Information Technology maintenance and support activities to enable the effective delivery of IT services.
DESIRED EXPERIENCES FOR ENTRY INTO THE ROLE
- Proven experience in a network administrator role.
- Hands on experience in networking, routing, and switching.
- Excellent knowledge of best practices around management, control, and monitoring of server infrastructure.
- Experience with firewalls, Internet VPN’s remote implementation, troubleshooting, and problem resolution is desired.
- Ability to set up and configure server hardware.
- Familiarity with backup and recovery software and methodologies.
- Great at organizing, prioritizing, and multitasking
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Education: Completion of secondary school education. A post-secondary certificate in the related functional area is desirable.
Experience: Six or more years of progressively responsible support work experience in related field.
Language: Fluency (level C) in English language. Fluency (level C) in Arabic language.
4Ps CORE ORGANISATIONAL CAPABILITIES
- Understand and communicate the Strategic Objectives: Coaches team in the most effective ways to communicate WFP’s Strategic Objectives to WFP team and partners in the field.
- Be a force for positive change: Implements new methods or tools to improve team’s work processes and productivity.
- Make the mission inspiring to our team: Maps team’s activities and tasks to specific successes in beneficiary communities to showcase positive impact.
- Make our mission visible in everyday actions: Explains to teammates how each unit contributes to the overall WFP mission.
- Look for ways to strengthen people’s skills: Identifies skill development opportunities such as training modules or on-the-job experiences for self, colleagues and direct reports.
- Create an inclusive culture: Facilitates team building activities to build rapport in own unit.
- Be a coach & provide constructive feedback: Facilitates the pairing of junior colleagues with coaches within own team.
- Create an “I will”/”We will” spirit: Proactively anticipates potential challenges and develops mitigation plans to ensure that team meets goals and targets.
- Encourage innovation & creative solutions: Identifies opportunities to be creative in own work and to help team be more innovative and accurate in their respective tasks and areas of work.
- Focus on getting results: Monitors team’s deliverables and provides feedback to ensure outcomes are delivered consistently and accurately.
- Make commitments and make good on commitments: Provides accurate guidance to team on expected responsibilities and tasks, whilst also upholding own commitment to the team.
- Be Decisive: Sets an example and provides guidance to junior team members on when to escalate issues when faced with challenging issues in the workplace or in the field.
- Connect and share across WFP units: Facilitates partnerships with other WFP units to accomplish missions in the field.
- Build strong external partnerships: Sets an example and provides guidance to team on how to build relationships with external partners.
- Be politically agile & adaptable: Articulates to colleagues or direct reports the value of contributing to other WFP teams and agency partnerships in fulfilling WFP’s goals and objectives.
- Be clear about the value WFP brings to partnerships: Organizes, monitors, and prioritizes own and team’s efforts to ensure that they will fulfill the needs of internal and external partners.