The incumbent examines and analyses accounting records to determine financial status of organization and prepares financial reports concerning operating procedures by performing the following duties.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Reviews data regarding material assets, net worth, liabilities, capital stock, surplus, income, and expenditures.
- Reviews computer-generated reports to determine if accepted accounting procedure was followed in recording transactions.
- Counts cash on hand, inspects notes receivable and payable, negotiable securities, and cancelled checks.
- Verifies journal and ledger entries of cash and check payments, purchases, expenses, and trial balances by examining and authenticating inventory items.
- Prepares reports for management concerning scope of audit, financial conditions found, and source and application of funds.
- Makes recommendations regarding improving operations and financial position of company.
- Establishes guidelines for discovering and preventing fraud.
- Examines company payroll and personnel records to determine worker’s compensation coverage.
- Establishes and maintains client relationships.
Note: The above is a list of the key accountabilities of the role. The employee in this role is expected to be open to manage other responsibilities that are linked to this role which can be assigned to him by his manager from time to time
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
Knowledge & Technical Skills – with a sound knowledge and skills required in performing the job and application of both factors
Customer Focus – Responds promptly to internal and external customer needs; Responds to requests for service and assistance; Meets commitments.
Effective Communication – connects with peers, subordinates and customers, actively listens, clearly and effectively shares information, demonstrates effective oral and written communication skills and negotiates effectively.
Teamwork – encourages cooperation and collaboration; works in partnership with others; flexible and contributes to building a positive team spirit.
Ethics – treats people with respect; keeps commitments; inspires the trust of others; works with integrity and ethically; Upholds organizational values.
Attendance & Punctuality – consistently at work and on time; Ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent.
Dependability – Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments; Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals; Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
Initiative – Volunteers readily; Seeks increased responsibilities; Asks for and offers help when needed, monitor projects independently, and follows through appropriately.
Adaptability – adjusts to any change in duties, procedures, supervisory or work environment, accept new ideas and approaches to work, respond appropriately to constructive criticism and on suggestion for work improvement.
Safety & Compliance – Observes safety and security procedures; Determines appropriate action beyond guidelines; Reports potentially unsafe conditions; Uses equipment and materials properly.
Cost consciousness – works within approved budget; Develops and implements cost saving measures; Contributes to profits and revenue; Conserves organizational resources.
Quality Management – Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness and completes assignments on time, demonstrates ability to manage several responsibilities simultaneously and performs work on a productive and timely manner as per the company standards.
Required work experience/Qualifications/Certification:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Education: Bachelor’s degree (B. A/B COM.) from four-year college or university; or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience / or Appropriate Degree in Business, Accounting, Finance or equivalent. CIA level 1 certification is preferred.
Experience: Minimum Experience of five years in a technology company. Insurance Background is preferred.
- Language / Numeric Ability –Ability to read, analyses, and interprets common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community. Ability to write speeches and articles for publication that conform to prescribed style and format.
Ability to apply advanced mathematical concepts such as exponents, logarithms, quadratic equations, and permutations. Ability to apply mathematical operations to such tasks as frequency distribution, determination of test reliability and validity, analysis.
- Computer Skills –To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Word Processing software; Spreadsheet software; Accounting software; Inventory software; Internet software and Database software.
- Reasoning Ability – Ability to define problems collects data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- Work Environment – The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
- Physical Demands – The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit and talk or hear.
Required language(s): English(mandatory) and Arabic(preferred)