SENIOR GEOTECHNICAL ENGINEER (SITE)
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Supervise ground improvement works at site and manage different ground improvement subcontractors.
- Manage earthworks and slope stabilization works.
- Prepare required project specifications to conduct geotechnical and geophysical studies and site investigations
- Evaluate sub surface conditions through study of bore log data & lab results thereby arriving at generalized soil profile and design of soil parameters for soil & rocks.
- Prepare and review of Geotechnical factual and Interpretative Reports (GIRs).
- Complete a variety of assignments such as drawings, specifications, and other materials suitable for procurement and construction purposes, utilizing CAE/CAD as applicable
- Prepare, material quality takeoffs, estimates, surveys, and designs including specifications
- Prepare and issue specifications, data sheets, and other construction documents
- Provide input and technical guidance to CAD Designer/Drafters, Designers, and lower level Engineers working on the same project
- Prepare detailed requisitions for equipment and materials
- Specify / Interpret Geotechnical instrumentation and monitoring including layout planning and monitoring of various instrument layouts along with calculation of AAA (Alert, Alarm, Action) values.
- Maintains affiliation with professional societies to keep abreast of current technologies
- Recommend and prepares technical papers
- Be willing to travel or relocate to supplier, client, or construction site locations, if required.
- Perform other responsibilities associated with this position as may be appropriate.
What Required Skills You’ll Bring:
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering or Geotechnical Engineering
- Minimum 10 years of site experience as a geotechnical engineer in major marine/infrastructure projects
- Potential to perform in a lead capacity, excellent written and oral communications skills, and a familiarity of industry practices and regulations are required
- Must possess a thorough knowledge of current technology and familiar with the recent geotechnical applications and technologies