Arab Monetary Fund is a regional Arab financial institution based in Abu Dhabi, with the mission to lay the monetary foundation of Arab economic integration and to accelerate the process of economic development of its member countries. In this context, the AMF supports banking and financial sector development in the Arab States and provide assistance towards its integrity and efficiency. Moreover, the AMF carries out and acts as a technical secretariat for the Council of Arab Ministers of Finance, the Council of Arab Central Banks and Monetary Authorities’ Governors as well as for its sub-committees and task forces.
The AMF is seeking experienced candidates to fill the position of “Senior Financial Sector Specialist”
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Contributing to the realization of the fund’s strategy, especially with regard to developing programs and initiatives for the financial, banking and monetary sector, and enhancing access to finance and financial services.
- Following up the activities of the financial sector development initiatives in the Arab countries.
- Contribute to preparing programs to provide technical support to Arab countries in the field of developing the financial and banking sector and financial markets.
- Contributing to the implementation of various programs and activities concerned with developing the financial sector in cooperation with international institutions.
- Contribute to providing advanced training courses for employees of Arab regulatory bodies on developing the financial sector.
- Participation in the work of the various committees and work teams in which the Fund contributes within the framework of its duties, such as the Arab Committee for Banking Supervision, the Arab Committee for Payment and Settlement Systems, the Arab Credit Information Committee, the Modern Financial Technologies Working Group, the Financial Stability Working Group, and the Financial Inclusion Working Group.
- Contributing to the preparation of the Arab Financial Stability Report.
- Contributing to the preparation of research, studies and various activities carried out by the fund within the framework of its tasks.
- Familiarity with recent development related to digital economy and Fintech.
Selection criteria, Academic qualifications and experience required:
- Arab country’s citizen.
- A doctorate degree from a recognized university in the fields of economics or finance.
- Experience of 10 years in areas related to the work of the Arab Monetary Fund, and it is preferable to be in a supervisory position in central banks, ministries of finance, study centers, or regional and international institutions.
- Comprehensive knowledge of standards, principles, research and studies issued by international financial institutions, such as the Financial Stability Board, the Basel Committee on Banking Supervision, the Bank for International Settlements, the International Monetary Fund and the World Bank, the International Accounting Standards Board.
- Knowledge of the work of the Arab Monetary Fund related to the development of the financial sector, including papers, principles and studies issued by the committees and working groups emanating from the Board of Governors of Central Banks and Arab Monetary Institutions.
- Deep knowledge of financial, monetary and economic concepts, including concepts of financial stability, banking supervision, credit information, financial inclusion, payment systems, and modern financial technologies.
- Deep knowledge of macro and micro monetary, fiscal, and prudential policies.
- Analytical skills in assessing systemic risks in the financial sector, how to coordinate economic policies, and using macro, micro, monetary and financial prudential policy tools.
- Deep knowledge in preparing financial stability reports.
- Deep knowledge of how to assess and analyze risks arising from the non-banking financial sector such as insurance, money markets, microfinance, financial leasing and exchange firms.
- Deep knowledge of how to assess and analyze risks arising from the non-financial sector such as the individuals and non-financial companies sector.
- Deep knowledge of the system of banking and financial legislation and the infrastructure of the financial system in the Arab countries.
- Deep knowledge of early warning systems, banking and financial crisis management, and crisis resolution techniques.
- Deep knowledge of financial inclusion strategies and programs in Arab countries.
- Deep knowledge of all kinds of macro and partial stress tests, and how to apply them in the banking and financial sector.
- Great statistical and analytical skills, how to build standard models, and a great knowledge of using statistical software such as “E-Views”.
- Have recently published refereed researches related to job assignments in international reputed journals.
- Fluent in Arabic, English, and French is plus.
The fund offers competitive terms of service in accordance with the applicable employment policy, which includes tax free salary, housing allowance, furniture allowance, air tickets, education allowance, and life &