- Ensures all database servers are backed up in a way that meets the business’s Recovery Point Objectives (RPO).
- Tests backups to ensure meeting the business’ Recovery Time Objectives (RTO).
- Troubleshoot SQL Server service outages and Configure SQL Server monitoring utilities to minimize false alarms.
- Installs and configure new MS-SQL Servers.
- Deploys database change scripts provided by third-party vendors.
- Documents the company’s database environment.
- Establishes the needs of users and monitoring user access and security.
- Monitors DBs performance and managing parameters to provide fast responses to front-end users
- Installs and testing new versions of MS-SQL Server
- Maintains data standards, including adherence to the Data Protection Act.
- Controls access permissions and privileges.
- Develops, manages and tests back-up and recovery plans.
- Ensures that storage and archiving procedures are functioning correctly
- Communicates regularly with technical, applications and operational staff to ensure database integrity and security.
- Graduation: Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Information technology or any of its equivalent.
- Education: Microsoft Certified Database Administrator (MCDBA), Microsoft
- Technology Associate (MTA) or Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (MCSA) or equivalent is preferable
- Years of experience: 3 ~ 5 years