Job Description Contracts Engineer
- BSc in Quantity Surveying/ Engineering Discipline/Supply Chain/ Business or equivalent Experience:
- 7 – 10 years’ experience in various stage of pre and post contract administration / supply chain environment with at least 4 years’ experience in the oil and gas industry
- Possession of sound knowledge of Contracts Law is desirable.
- Proficient in commercial and contractual aspect of supply chain, contractual correspondence, contract verbatim, report writing with analytical, logical and problem-solving skills.
- Thorough understanding of engineering, procurement, construction techniques. Other forms contracts likes FEED/ECS/ Construction/ Consultancy/ Operation & Maintenance (O&M) contracts and its related works/services.
- Knowledge of incoterms and commercial implications
- Computer literate and able to use this knowledge for contract analysis, evaluation of statistical data both historical and projected. Knowledge of SAP is preferred. Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Review and advice at the inception of project considering the best practice in tendering and contracting strategy. Prepare pre-qualification documents, invitations and evaluation criteria in consultation with Sponsoring Department (SD) and render expert advice in short listing potential bidders. Suggest most appropriate Tendering process. Prepare Tender Plan submissions along with Tender strategy.
- Review and comment on the Scopes of Work/Services (SOW), and identify contractual gaps, unlimited liabilities, impossible requirements, including the verification of the completeness of the technical information supplied and discuss it as appropriate with SD. Check anomalies/discrepancies, if any, in the tender document and ensure consistency throughout various sections of the tender document. Identify and prepare the most suitable pricing mechanism for a given SOW, strictly as per SOW.
- Review and track the queries from Tenderers during bidding phase. Review the response of the technical queries prepared by SD and prepare responses of unpriced commercial queries thus ensuring quality and timely issuance of the Tender Bulletins. Participate in mid-tender meeting and site visits. Participate in mid-tender meeting, site visits and face to face discussion with the Tenderers.
- Address various issues concerning deviations to General Conditions of Contract, technical and unpriced commercial deviation and ensure each of such issues are responded through Tender Clarification. Ensure all issues under the Technical proposal submitted by Tenderers which require clarification are addressed in a timely manner until the bids are fully or substantially compliant to the Tender requirement. Prepare Technical Evaluation report for review by the other evaluation committee members.
- Lead the Commercial evaluation, analyse the commercial proposal and prepare the Commercial Tabulation and Evaluation Report, convene meeting with the Commercial Evaluation Team members and ensure that it is submitted to the concerned Tenders Committee on a timely manner.
- Coordinate with SD proactively after Commercial Evaluation Report & Award Plan submission for necessary inputs for the Letter of Acceptance of Tender and Award of Contract (LOA) and ensure its timely issuance to the Selected Tenderer. Initiate review process of the draft Contract document, finalise it with inputs, if any form other concerned Departments and issue the Draft Contract for review and execution by the Contractor.
- Ensure the Close-out process is initiated by SD on a timely manner and review the Completion Certificates (CC), Statement of Final Accounts (SFA), Close out Report (COR) and Discharge Certificate (DC).
- Review the completeness of materials requirement and work with User Dept. if material descriptions and associated data (qty & estimate) are not consistent with company policies and pose risks of not meeting the broad supply chain objective of price, delivery and quality.
- Conduct cost estimation exercise and identify global trends in materials supply to facilitate development of short, as well as long term sourcing strategies and risk mitigation plans.
- Participate in creation of SLA and KPis and implement and analyse performance reports. Monitor key deliverables such as administration of binds/guarantees, payment, expedite delivery for emergency and critical requirement
With over 90 years’ combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world’s leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining, Automotive and Chemicals sectors worldwide.With more than 100 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.