Senior Consultant, Transaction Accounting, FAAS
From small businesses to some of the world’s best-known brands, our clients across the MENA region count on reliable financial statements, information and processes to inform their on-going strategies. More than ever, business is about interpreting and reacting to complex data – and they look to us for advice and services they can trust every time. You will use your professional skills and experience to make it happen, by supporting our MENA based EY Member Firms to serve clients in the MENA region across a broad range of industries and responsibilities.
Our tailored services help build trust and confidence through transparency, clarity and consistency.
The recent disruptions to businesses globally have given rise to the increase in financial and technological innovations. Such innovations are now driving the M&A markets with the global rise of Initial Public Offerings (IPOs), Privatization, acquisitions and divestments. Given the increase in such M&A activities the importance of accurate and complete accounting and reporting increases, with regulators becoming ever vigilant.
Our MENA based EY Member Firms are seeking talented individuals with a grounding in technical accounting who are willing to use their professional skills and experience to deliver on large, global and complex transaction accounting engagements. In return, our MENA based EY Member Firms will provide access to growing, global and innovative projects to support a sound and exciting development journey.
This opportunity will provide extensive experience in working with a range of MENA and US EY colleagues.
Your key responsibilities
As a Senior Consultant, you will work as part of a team of problem solvers with extensive consulting and industry experience, helping our clients with their complex transaction accounting and reporting needs.
Skills and attributes for success
Pro- activity, accountability and results- driven people will flourish in this environment. Dealing with competing priorities, delivering to challenging deadlines, understanding how to manage resources and communicating effectively are key skills. This will have a huge impact on those around you and help promote a positive work ethic.
To qualify for the role, you must have
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in a relevant subject such as Finance, Accounting, Engineering and a professional qualification (CPA, ACA, ACCA)
- At least three years of experience in the areas of ICFR, IPOs, Privatization, carve outs, SOX.
- Sound understanding of M&A and transaction accounting and reporting requirements
- The ability and willingness to travel within the Middle East
Ideally, you’ll also have
- Three years of experience with a Big 4 accounting firm, ideally within capital markets or transaction accounting teams
What we look for
We are interested in entrepreneurs who have the confidence to develop and promote a brand-new strategic vision both internally and externally. You will be business savvy with a passion for innovation as well as the motivation to create your own EY journey. Most importantly, you will have a global mindset and bring this to your engagements.
What we offer
We offer a competitive compensation package where you’ll be rewarded based on performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. Plus, we offer:
- Continuous learning: You’ll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
- Success as defined by you: We’ll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
- Transformative leadership: We’ll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
- Diverse and inclusive culture: You’ll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
The exceptional EY experience. It’s yours to build.
EY | Building a better working world
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.