Job Description Plans, technically manages and facilitates completions and workover activities fully aligned with Group technical and SHE standards. Responsible for providing fully qualified Completions Engineering and Workover support for technically complex development projects. Progresses projects from planning and concept selection through to engineering design and safe operational execution. Develops completions design and workover strategies, writes programs, performs analyses/calculations, provides surveillance, and acts as a focal point for continuous improvement by implementation of technology transfer and application of best practices.
- Plans, develops and writes workover and completions programs ranging from mechanical completions, perforation, and stimulation and well testing.
- Technical support of completions and workover operations offshore and onshore.
- Responsible for wellbore and equipment integrity during completions and workover operations.
- Prepares comprehensive Completions and Workovers Risk Management strategies covering areas of safety & health, environmental impacts, emergency preparedness, well control procedures and relief well contingency plans.
- Assists procurement activities (pre-qualifications, tendering process, and bid evaluations). Focus will be on long lead-time and critical items (wellheads, trees, completion equipment, etc.).
- Assists QA / QC activities (audits, technical reviews, inspections, specifications). Focus will be on long lead-time and critical items (wellheads, trees, completion equipment, etc.).
- Provides technical support for Completions and Workover Operations with a focus on complex fishing operations (MWL/CT). Assists other completions and workovers engineering staff by troubleshooting E-line/MWL/CT problems and planning complex interventions.
- Improve performance of key E-line/MWL/CT and fishing service providers by assisting with forecasting of tool needs and ensuring necessary equipment is available when needed.
- Assists management in areas of Performance Measurement and Continuous Improvement. Facilitate communication and teamwork.
- Evaluates completions and workovers performance and recommends effective modifications to enhance/improve the process. Ensures completions and workovers execution in line with intended plan. Plays an important role interacting with Geoscience, Reservoir Engineering, and Production Engineering.
- 4 years post-degree, relevant working experience (e.g. completions or workover engineering) or 6 years relevant industry.
- Well control proficiency. Commitment to safe, environmentally sound well construction. Experience with H2S well designs and safety practices.
- Awareness of emerging Completions and Workovers Industry technology and capable of assessing new technology for implementation where appropriate.
- Experience in leadership role (formal or informal).
- 3+ years experience running E-line/MWL/CT operations for an operator or service provider.
- Demonstrated Competency in:
- Well Control and Well Control Equipment
- Perforating Operations
- Acid Stimulation Design and Operations
- Wireline Operations
- Coiled Tubing Operations
- Wellhead, Tree and Downhole Equipment
- Pressure Pumping Operations
- Completion Design and Equipment
- Land Rig and Jack-Up Rig and Barge Operations
- Fishing and Milling Operations
- H2S Operations
- Fluent in English (demonstrated verbal and written skills).
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated ability to use common PC software (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Project) as well as functional specific software (Well View, Landmark – Compass, WellCat, SAP, Cerberus etc.).
With over 90 years’ combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world’s leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining, Automotive and Chemicals sectors worldwide.With more than 100 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.