Job Description and Qualifications
The Jazan IGCC is the world’s largest IGCC (Integrated Gasification Combined Cycle Power Plant) facility processing up to 100,000BPD of vacuum residue to generate 2100 MMSCFD syngas.
The 4 GW Combined Cycle Power Generation Plant consists of Syngas/ULSD fired Gas Turbines, HRSGs, Steam Turbines, Water Cooled Condenser, Process Steam and Water Systems, including the related equipment, piping and process valves and Sea Water Condenser Cooling system.
The facility is located in the Jazan Economic City, in the province of Jazan, KSA.
JIGPC requires a process engineer based at site to support the safe and reliable operation of the Power Generation Plant.
- Provide plant process engineering technical support to maintain safe, reliable and efficient operation for the Jazan IGCC Power Block.
- Provide engineering support to identify performance gaps, troubleshoot problems, and develop solutions to resolve plant operating issues.
- Provide technical support for developing and driving reliability and productivity improvements to meet our financial targets.
- Support controls and advanced controls functions to achieve consistent and optimum plant performance.
- Provide process safety support, including technical and safety reviews for MOC’s, Hazard Reviews, and RCA’s.
- Support development and execution for new projects and plant modifications.
- Provide technical training to operations and engineering
- Establish and maintain compliance with all company and local regulations.
- Bachelor’s degree (or higher) in Chemical Engineering with minimum of 10 – 15 years’ relevant experience, including operating plant engineering associated with power plant operation
- Must be able to obtain a Saudi visa/IQAMA, and be willing to work in Jazan, KSA
- High proficiency in English speaking and writing.
- Have a good operating knowledge to understand the requirements of start-up, shut down, and load changes.
- Balanced multi-discipline understanding in process engineering, DCS controls, process safety and equipment design
- Process Safety experience, fully understanding the requirements of process safety systems, including relief devices, and safety instrumented systems.
- Have experience of leading the management of change process for proposed modifications to a design or operating plant.
- Have experience with managing project process documentation, including P&IDs; functional logic tables; alarm and trip settings; critical safety tables; control strategies; and operating procedures/training manuals through commissioning.
- Critical thinking skills and problem-solving capability.
- Effective communication skills and a willingness to seek out cross-functional technical expertise as required, with a proactive approach to problem solving
- The ability to provide written reports or presentations of technical work to a variety of audiences
- Have the ability to lead and mentor junior engineers