The employee w ill
• Be responsible for the day to day management and supervision of the dietetics service provided.
• Utilize the appropriate tools, assessment forms, in provision of the nutritional care.
• Develop and implement new plans of care based on the changing trends in nutritional science.
• Communicate and maintain the appropriate nutritional care data through written records system.
• Evaluate the nutritional care processes to provide follow up for continuity of care.
• Advice all departmental members on any advances or new findings in the field of dietetics which can be implemented to better care for the patient and increase the healthy outcome.
• Member of health teams, and other teams as required by the Hospital policies
• Interview and instruct inpatients and outpatients, primary care patients and /or their relative in the management of dietetics regimes, food selection, economics, adapting to changing plans customized to the individual lifestyles at home during the clinic time.
• Maintains updated and necessary patient education materials and nutrition references and textbooks .
• On referral, interview patients, not receiving therapeutic diets, to assess their nutritional intake or advice on the provision of specific dietary requirements.
- Essential: Ability to relate well to other health professionals, patients and their relatives.
- Essential: Effective communication skills, with ability to impress upon patients and their relatives the importance and benefit in pursuing healthy eating habits.
- Essential: Ability to work effectively in a multi-cultural environment.
- Essential: Ability to monitor, maintain and supervise the departmental processes and policies