- Support the implementation of the enterprise-wide data governance and quality framework to achieve the required level of standards & trust of the Aldar Group’s Data portfolio.
- Act as a Bridge between Business and Data team and participate in projects to ensure that all data generated through various source systems comply with the governance quality standards and regulatory protection requirements
- Maintaining high data quality throughout the lifecycle using the approved tools and methodologies to improve adoption and accountability over Data Assets.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Engage with Data Owners/Data Stewards from the business units regularly on below :
- Drive standardization including documentation (Business Glossary, Data Catalogs, Data Dictionary etc)
- Support to define data definitions, data capture, data transformation, data mapping and identifying Critical Data Elements.
- Monitor data quality process through identifying data quality issue patterns.
- Define & implement business & technical rules.
- Lead efforts to perform root cause analysis and apply remediation plans, data controls, and manage data quality remediation strategies.
- Provide trainings/workshops on data management subjects
- Develop relevant metrics and conduct related audits to ensure the integrity and quality of data in key systems
- Assess & evaluate data quality as an integral part for the delivery of Analytics & Data Science products within the Data ecosystem.
- Define, enforce, and update data policies and standards across the Group and report non-compliance.
- Work with business to mitigate Data Governance gaps and other identified risk
- Champion the communication of the value of Data Governance to stakeholders as well as provide education on Data Governance companywide.
YoE / QUALIFICATIONS / SKILLS
RELATED YEARS OF EXPERIENCE
- 6+ years of proven experience in similar positions focused on implementing various facets of data governance and quality frameworks.
YOE IN MANAGERIAL POSITION
Min of: N/A
TECHNICAL AND INTERPERSONAL SKILLS
- Experience in Data profiling & discovery, Data Management , Data Analysis, Experience in owning datasets related to different businesses functions
- Performing statistical tests on large datasets to determine data quality and integrity.
- Knowledge of data-related regulations in MENA region and well versed with GDPR compliance.
- Knowledge of SQL, Python, ADLS, Azure Data Factory, Databricks is preferred.
- Experience with Data Governance & Quality tools and implementing technology solutions related to data governance viz Data catalog, Data Lineage, Data Quality will be an added advantage.
- Ability to work creatively and analytically in a problem-solving environment
- Bachelors in Science, Technology, Engineering or Maths program
Certification in any Data Governance/Quality framework