Come create the technology that helps the world act together
Nokia is committed to innovation and technology leadership across mobile, fixed and cloud networks. Your career here will have a positive impact on people’s lives and will help us build the capabilities needed for a more productive, sustainable, and inclusive world.
We challenge ourselves to create an inclusive way of working where we are open to new ideas, empowered to take risks and fearless to bring our authentic selves to work.
The team you’ll be part of
Strategy and Technology lays the path for Nokia’s future technology innovation and identifies the most promising areas for Nokia to create new value. We set the company’s strategy and technology vision, offer an unparalleled research foundation for innovation, and provide critical support infrastructure for Nokia.
Nokia Standards is responsible for research and standardization activities related to 5G and 6G cellular networks and collaboration with internal and external experts to advance the technology landscape as well as to protect Intellectual Property.
Within the Nokia Standards organization, the Security Research & Standardization team is made up of security researchers and standardization delegates who are working on the near-to-mid-term security aspects of emerging communication technologies that are being standardized in international standardization organizations, focusing on 5G, 5G Advanced and increasingly 6G security and their enabler technologies.
What you will learn and contribute to:
We are currently looking to strengthen our team with Security Researchers. As a member of a high-performing standardization & research team, you will be at the forefront of security technologies, also keeping an eye on our company intellectual property, business, and strategy in your cooperation with top internal and external experts.
In the Security Research & Standardization team, as a researcher, you would contribute to security investigations related to the study and work items covered in international standardization organizations (SDOs) such as 3GPP SA3, O-RAN Security Focus Group (SFG), IETF, ETSI and others, related to your field of specialization. You would conduct technology feasibility studies and deep-dives on emerging topics and develop associated written contributions to standards organizations as well as research publications. You could be expected to take part in open-source industry initiatives depending on your area of focus. You would also take part in research projects in new domains relevant to the team.
As part of the team, you will:
- Participate in internal and external research projects related to technical specialization areas that are relevant for targeted SDOs and emerging technology domains, with a view to creating differentiating technology solutions, robust intellectual property assets and relevant publications,
- Collaborate with Nokia Business Groups as well as Nokia Bell Labs experts to align with product roadmaps and strategies as well as latest fundamental research findings,
- Support internal customer, marketing and communications as well as government relations teams on the specialization areas as necessary,
- Scout for new and emerging research and standardization topics that will grow the standardization landscape you are active in.
Your skills and experience:
- Excellent knowledge and track record of research experience in one or both of the following technology domains:
- Virtualization and Cloud security, Cloud-native, Kubernetes, Trusted Execution Environments, Remote Attestation, Internet Security Protocols, Open-source security projects, trusted computing, confidential computing, Internet trust & threat models.
- AI/ML security: using AI/ML for security & securing AI/ML, Neural networks & Regression models & toolboxes, Attacks on AI/ML & data sets, GANs, Data science.
- MSc degree in computer science, electrical engineering, information theory, or related field, (PhD/PhD candidacy or equivalent additional experience preferred),
- Expertise in threat and risk analysis methodologies, security frameworks and best practices,
- Expertise in 5G / 5G Advanced mobile networks and their security architectures,
- Publication record and recognition in specialization area,
- Patent / IP generation experience,
- Excellent communication, presentation, and technical writing skills,
- Fluency in English.
It would be nice if you also had:
- Experience of working in worldwide virtual teams,
- Effective internal and external networking abilities,
- Outstanding negotiation, consensus building and leadership skills.
If you would like to be part of Nokia Standards excellence in the field of Security Research & Standardization, we look forward to receiving your application that includes your CV and a Cover Letter describing your motivation. Thank you!
What we offer
Nokia offers flexible and hybrid working schemes, continuous learning opportunities, well-being programs to support you mentally and physically, opportunities to join and get supported by employee resource groups, mentoring programs and highly diverse teams with an inclusive culture where people thrive and are empowered.
Nokia is committed to inclusion and is an equal opportunity employer
Nokia has received the following recognitions for its commitment to inclusion & equality:
- One of the World’s Most Ethical Companies by Ethisphere
- Gender-Equality Index by Bloomberg
- Workplace Pride Global Benchmark
- LGBT+ equality & best place to work by HRC Foundation
At Nokia, we act inclusively and respect the uniqueness of people.
Nokia’s employment decisions are made regardless of race, color, national or ethnic origin, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, marital status, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
We are committed to a culture of inclusion built upon our core value of respect.
Join us and be part of a company where you will feel included and empowered to succeed.