In view of heightened expectations from regulators and to ensure a strong and consistent global control environment, Securities Services is strengthening its Global Governance and Standards Office, reporting to the EMEA In Business Risk and Controls Office.
Securities Services Risk & Controls is responsible for providing Securities Services with strategic direction in the design and implementation of an internal control/governance framework.
The role will focus in enhancing the governance, reporting and controls framework for Securities Services, supporting committees in EMEA and Globally.
This includes the oversight of the front office control processes over risk generating activities as well as coordinating with independent control functions, audit, and external regulators. Key activities include providing consistent timely and actionable metrics, producing governance materials, providing support for audits, general controls, policy compliance, Manager’s Control Assessment (MCA), third-party risk management and compliance, information security, data privacy, management reporting, continuity of business/crisis management oversight, quality management oversight, and data governance and quality.
The selected candidate will appropriately asses risk when business decision are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm’s reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgement regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices and escalating , managing and reporting control issues with transparency.
- Manage and provide input in Securities Services governance, reporting, risk, and control forums
- Support management in developing program plans to meet regulatory requirements, track progress, and monitor key risks applicable to Securities Services
- Leverage reporting to identify trends, themes and areas requiring improved controls
- Understand the Securities Services businesses and support key regulatory policy and control initiatives.
- Support management with the preparation of materials to report of controls governance processes projects.
- Assist with the management of regulatory exams and audits and associated requests.
- Initiate and lead short, medium, and long-term projects to achieve business control objectives.
- Work closely with in-business risk and control partners on findings and makes recommendations on improving practices.
- Support In Business Risk and Control Leads, Product and Regional stakeholders in maintaining the Manager’s Controls Assessment (MCA) for Securities Services through quarterly/annual control testing.
- Develop procedural implementation and change management process with operations and reporting teams to ensure proper governance and controls.
- Manage and improve control metrics and key risk indicators of Securities Services.
- Examine, develop, and maintain detailed control documentation, procedures, key metrics, and audit evidence.
- Establish best practice methods to track and measure progress against data management standards such as data domains, data elements, data issues, working closely with data transformation leads
- Support the Data Governance Office through detailed analysis, reporting, and tracking of policy initiatives across functions, transformation program leads, and other governance responsibilities.
- Communicate requirements with Senior members of the Securities Services organization, drive discussions and influence adoption of data standards, working closely with data transformation teams across multiple disciplines
- Contribute to monthly/quarterly business control reviews and various control forums and Committee meetings as needed.
- Leverage data to examine impacts to customer experience, control gaps and regulatory breaks.
- Has the ability to operate with a limited level of direct supervision.
- Undergraduate degree required
- Relevant work experience in Financial Services, governance, risk and controls
- Exceptional professional track record
- Risk based thinking and analytical mind-set
- Excellent analytic and creative problem-solving skills, ability to leverage technology tools
- Demonstrated ability to manage complex environment and processes
- Demonstrated ability to work independently as well part of virtual teams to deliver on strategic outcomes
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal skills, collaborative, and team-oriented approach to problem solving
- Project and process ownership, strong time management
- Results oriented, self-motivated with a drive for excellence and intellectual curiosity
- Strong communication and listening skills
- Consistently demonstrates clear and concise written and verbal communication skills
- Proven ability to work in high pressure environments, excellent organization, and planning abilities
- Effective organizational influencing skill
Exceptional candidates who do not meet these criteria may be considered for the role provided they have the necessary skills and experience
Job Family Group:
Business Risk & Controls
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries (“Citi”) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi.
View the “EEO is the Law” poster. View the EEO is the Law Supplement.
View the EEO Policy Statement.
View the Pay Transparency Posting