iScent is looking for an experienced Business Development Manager with a history of bringing on new business who’s ready to break new ground in the revolutionary scent marketing industry.
iScent isn’t your typical B2B/B2C company. We’re transforming how businesses connect with their customers through the power of scent. Combining our scent diffusion technology with our extensive fragrance library, we help businesses & homes shape their image and create remarkable experiences. When you join our team as the Business Development Manager, you will directly contribute to the customer experience your clients create–and our explosive growth.
To join our energetic, intensely motivated team you’ll need a competitive spirit and a dynamic, high-performance track record. We’re searching for a go-getter who craves the thrill of the hunt. We want a candidate with high expectations for themselves, hungry to exceed their sales goals.
Here’s what you’ll be doing
- Develops and implements strategic sales plans to accommodate corporate goals.
- Directs sales forecasting activities and is expected to meet and/or exceed sales goals.
- Reviews market analyses to determine customer needs, price schedules, and discount rates.
- Directs staffing, training, and performance evaluations to develop and control sales programs.
- Conducts weekly field rides with Account Executives to provide in-the-field coaching and training.
- Conduct weekly team meetings and weekly One-on-Ones with the Account Executives
- Assigns sales territory to sales representatives.
- Analyzes sales statistics to formulate policy, establish and enforce benchmarks.
- Represents company at trade association meetings to promote the product.
- Delivers sales presentations to key clients in coordination with sales representatives.
- Meets with key clients, assisting sales representatives with maintaining relationships and negotiating and closing deals.
- Coordinates liaison between sales department and other sales-related units.
- Analyzes and controls expenditures of division to conform to budgetary requirements.
- Prepares periodic sales reports showing sales volume, potential sales, and areas of proposed client base expansion.
- Monitors and evaluates the activities and products of the competition.
- Manages office environment and operating expenses for the office.
- Directly supervises 5-10 sales representatives. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Requirements to apply
- Preferably Arabic speaking applicant
- New account generation is your thing
- You can create and execute a territory management plan
- You’re all about solution selling and creating value for business clients
- Tech-savvy, you know your way around a CRM—preferably Zoho
- A play-to-win attitude
- Drive to individually compete while remaining a fantastic team player
- You’ve got fire in your belly! You take initiative to develop personally and professionally and need little supervision
- Self-motivation, with the ability to work individually and in a team environment
- The ability to thrive throughout change while remaining highly organized, optimistic, and coachable
The background you have
- Bachelor’s degree (B. A.) from a four-year college or university; or eight years’ sales experience with at least five years in sales management or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Effective ability to communicate orally or in written form effectively with co-management, internal and external customers.
- Demonstrate the ability to anticipate and solve practical problems or resolve issues.
- A track record of achievement in selling B2B/B2C products or services
- Valid UAE Drivers License