Year-on-year, as we continue to grow, we need to work as smart as we can, to keep all our team members safe, fulfilled, motivated and empowered. To help us achieve this, we’re seeking a driven Health & Safety Coordinator. With your Bias for Action, we’ll need you to step in and help drive health and safety in one of our Fulfilment Centres (FCs).
Our Fulfilment Centres are at the heart of Amazon’s rapidly growing business: they’re where we manage our fast-moving inventory. Our associate teams stow deliveries, pick products, package them up and ship them out: each of these groups have played their part in taking us where we are today.
In this crucial health and safety position, you’ll report into the Health and Safety Manager, as part of a shift-based role.
Key job responsibilities
- Undertake risk assessments as required, while proactively following up on control measures until complete
- Complete daily metrics and callouts
- Take a Deep Dive into Fulfilment Centre data, as you monitor recordable incidents on-site
- Become a subject matter expert in your specific level of competence, while staying vigilant and not disclosing any sensitive information outside of your particular level
- Investigate accidents, near misses and any incidents, as you establish root cause
- Update internal records regarding incidents, near misses and accidents
- Undertake action plans to ensure continuing, sustained compliance with legislation
- Conduct yourself professionally at all times: you maintain confidentiality in matters involving safety investigations
- Flexibility: you’re willing and able to cover non-traditional shifts–including nights and weekends–during peak periods.
• High School diploma
• Minimum C Class Local Occupational Health and Safety Advisor Certification
• Previous experience in a relevant health and safety role
• Computer literacy
• Knowledge of MS Office programs, especially Excel
• Advanced level of Turkish (CEFR C1 Level)
• Intermediate level of English (CEFR B1 Level)
• Advanced level of English (CEFR B2/C1)
• High attention to detail
• You have a proven ability to work to targets, deadlines and managing different priorities
• Demonstrable ability to learn quickly, while closely adhering to new processes and procedures
- • You’re able to work independently, at times under minimum levels of supervision