We are seeking a detail-oriented and proactive individual to join our team as a Safety Officer. As the Safety Officer, you will be responsible for overseeing and implementing safety programs, policies, and procedures to prevent accidents and injuries in our facilities. You will collaborate with cross-functional teams to identify potential hazards, propose and implement corrective measures, and ensure compliance with all applicable safety regulations. This is an excellent opportunity to make a significant impact on the safety and well-being of our employees, clients, and visitors.
- Develop and implement effective safety programs, policies, and procedures to ensure compliance with all relevant occupational health and safety regulations.
- Conduct regular safety inspections and risk assessments of the facilities to identify potential hazards, unsafe conditions, and non-compliance issues.
- Collaborate with department heads and employees to raise safety awareness, provide training, and encourage best safety practices.
- Investigate and report on incidents, accidents, and near-miss situations, and develop recommendations for corrective actions to prevent their recurrence.
- Maintain accurate records of safety-related incidents, inspections, training, and safety-related statistics.
- Stay up to date with industry trends, best practices, and regulatory requirements related to workplace safety and recommend necessary changes to existing safety programs.
- Conduct safety audits to assess compliance with safety policies, guidelines, and regulations.
- Provide safety-related guidance and support during emergency situations, including but not limited to fire drills, evacuation procedures, and medical emergencies.
- Collaborate with external safety agencies, contractors, and vendors to ensure compliance with safety standards, laws, and regulations.
- Support continuous improvement efforts by identifying safety improvement opportunities and assisting in implementing corrective actions.
- Bachelor’s degree in Occupational Health and Safety, Environmental Science, Engineering, or a related field.
- Proven experience as a Safety Officer in a facility management or similar organization is preferred.
- In-depth knowledge of occupational health and safety regulations, standards, and best practices.
- Excellent understanding of risk assessment methodologies and hazard identification techniques.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills to effectively interact with employees at all levels.
- Detail-oriented mindset with strong analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to work independently, prioritize tasks, and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Proficient in using safety management software, Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint), and other relevant tools.
- Professional certifications such as OSHA or Nebosh.
- Strong commitment to promoting a positive safety culture and driving continuous improvement in workplace safety.