1. Design and implement an overall financial risk management process for YASREF that includes
credit, market, operational and regulatory risks
2. Lead analysis into risks to identify potential impact for YASREF
3. Develop risk management and business continuity plans to limit and/or mitigate impact of identified
4. Develop risk reports for YASREF Management and Shareholders
5. Liaise with underwriters and insurance companies to implement risk management plans
6. Recommend and establish the acceptable levels of risk for YASREF based on Management
7. Prepare risk management and insurance budgets
8. Assist in reviewing of new major contracts or financial transactions from risk management
9. Advice Management on changes to risk profile due to regulatory changes
10. ERM & BCM: Develop and monitor Enterprise Risk Management (ERM), Business Continuity
Management (BCM) and Insurance policies and procedures.
11. ERM &BCM: Retain responsibility for administration of ERM, BCM and Insurance framework and
facilitate continual improvement.
12. ERM& BCM: Develop appropriate critical success factors and performance indicators for the risk
13. ERM: Review and manage the risk profile. Challenge the adequacy and effectiveness of controls.
14. ERM: Review the Risk Registers from all Functions, Department and Divisions (including any
special projects) to consider: Critical risks and how they are managed, Effectiveness of internal
controls and other mitigation actions taken.
15. ERM: Review the critical and corporate risks that have been elevated through Functions,
Department and Divisions risk registers and assess how they have been identified, evaluated and
managed. Identify possible areas of risk aggregation and correlation from the corporate risk
register and individual risk registers. Review the impact of changes in the business on the overall
risk management process and incorporate response to these in the Corporate Risk Register.
Monitor progress on action plans developed as part of the risk management process.
16. Liaise with underwriters and insurance companies to implement risk management plans.
17. Prepare insurance manual with comprehensive and step-by-step guide covering all areas, policies
and claim procedure.
18. Liaise and coordinate with YASREF’s Departments/Insurance Broker/Insurance Companies on
risk recommendations, underwriter report, coverage and other insurance matters.
19. Ensure insurance activities, premium and renewal decisions are met within defined timeframe.
20. Develop periodic asset valuation reports and derive a present value/fair market value.
21. Assist in reviewing of new major contracts or financial transactions from risk management
22. Perform other job-related duties as assigned by the Treasurer.
1. Budget Analysis
2. Accounting Processes and Principles
3. Treasury Management
4. Financial Analysis
5. Financial Information Systems