- Develop disaster recovery plans for physical locations with critical assets such as data centres and develop contingency plans to deal with organizational emergencies.
- Analyse impact on, and risk to, essential business functions or information systems to identify acceptable recovery time periods and resource requirements.
- Define Critical operations with the business units’ teams.
- Define required resources to maintain business as usual.
- Develop Entity Level Plans (ELPs) for BU’s.
- Develop emergency management plans for recovery decision making and communications, continuity of critical departmental processes, or temporary shut-down of non-critical departments to ensure continuity of operation and governance.
- Maintain, or test call trees to ensure appropriate communication during disaster and Interpret government regulations and applicable codes to ensure compliance.
- Evaluate applicable laws and regulations to determine impact on organizational activities. Conduct or oversee contingency plan integration and operation.
- Identify opportunities for strategic improvement or mitigation of business interruption and other risks caused by business, regulatory, or industry-specific change initiatives.
- Recommend or implement methods to monitor, evaluate, or enable resolution of safety, operations, or compliance interruptions.
- Prepare reports summarizing operational results, financial performance, or accomplishments of specified objectives, goals, or plans.
- Attend professional meetings, read literature, and participate in training or other educational offerings to keep abreast of new developments and technologies related to disaster recovery and business continuity.
- Support the VP – Risk Management in aligning all BCP planning, initiatives and goals with Organizational goals and Infrastructure capabilities.
- Knowledge of technology and business concepts, life cycles and processes.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Self-starter with the ability to work with a great degree of autonomy.
Academic Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Management or Risk Management.
- 2-5 years of Experience in business continuity.
- MBA preferred.
- Arabic and English proficient.
- Certified Continuity Planner