KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
Under the direct supervision of the Risk and Compliance Officer, the intern will undertake the following tasks:
- Support in establishing and maintaining the internal filing system of the risk management and compliance unit (RMCU).
- Assist in organizing meetings, workshops, seminars and general project events such as APP/Annual performance plan and RR/Risk register.
- Coordinate and oversee the day-to-day implementation of the RMCU tasks and duties.
- Support of Focal Points and Risk and Compliance Advisors to receive and send all the incoming and outgoing information to/from the RMCU respectively.
- Assist RCA to develop annual, quarterly, monthly and weekly risk and compliance reports and updates on the progress of implementing controls.
- Support the drafting of ad-hoc progress reports and thematic reports if required
- Keep tracking of all planning, midterm and year-end exercises; and support the RCA to review and consolidate focal point’s inputs.
- Participate in designing, developing, implementing and coordinating systems, policies and procedures.
- Communicate with the focal point in RBC units to collect needed data to update the RMCU database and dashboard.
- Keep track of RBC missions, through coordination with counterparts in HR and Admin/ travel units.
- Perform other duties as needed.
1. Organize the meetings, workshops, seminars, and general project events such as APP/Annual performance plan and RR/Risk register for RMCU
2. Prepare checklists of the day-to-day implementation of the RMCU tasks and duties.
3. Complete the process of receiving and sending all the incoming and outgoing information to/from the RMCU respectively
4. Draft needed ad-hoc progress reports and thematic reports if required
5. Update the risk and oversight database of RMCU
6. Update the risk and oversight dashboard
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
University student, preferably in economics, business administration, statistics, social science or any relevant specialization or/and with a great interest in humanitarian work, development, resilience practices. (Currently studying or graduated in the last 6 months)
- Currently enrolled and have attended University courses in the last 12 months inclusive of having completed at least two years of undergraduate studies or have recently graduated in the last 6 months.
- Solid overall computer literacy, including proficiency in various MS Office applications (Excel, Word, etc.) and email/internet.
- Ability to work and adapt professionally and effectively in a challenging environment.
- Ability to work effectively in a multicultural team of international and national personnel.
- Familiarity with database management; and office technology equipment.
- Self-motivated, ability to work with minimum supervision.
- Ability to work with tight deadlines.