- Screening, interviewing, hiring, and training restaurant staff.
- Managing restaurant staff’s work schedules.
- Conducting regular inspections of the restaurant kitchen to determine whether proper standards of hygiene and sanitation are maintained.
- Overseeing food preparation, presentation, and storage to ensure compliance with food health and safety regulations.
- Checking in on dining customers to enquire about food quality and service.
- Monitoring inventory and ensuring that all food supplies and other restaurant essentials are adequately stocked.
- Monitoring the restaurant’s cash flow and settling outstanding bills.
- Reviewing customer surveys to develop and implement ways to improve customer service.
- Resolving customer complaints in a professional manner.
- High school diploma or GED.
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration or hospitality is advantageous.
- Proven experience working as a supervisor in restaurant industry.
- The ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- The ability to stand for extended periods.
- Strong management skills.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Effective communication skills.
- Exceptional customer service skills.