Job Title: Resident Engineer
Requirement for a Resident Engineer with extensive construction supervision experience minimum 25 years post-graduation experience on projects including large Terminal Buildings.
• Determine the policies for supervision activities and monitor progress and quality of work
• Implement all clauses of the Contract on the Contractor.
• Oversee the supervision of construction works through the team comprising of Engineers, Architects, Inspectors and Surveyors.
• Liaison with the Client at all times to keep them informed of the status of construction activities and related issues arising therefrom.
• Review project construction procedures.
• Exercise overall control over the contractor on matters of general policy and procedures.
• Promote good morale on the project and assure that work is performed in a professional manner.
• Chair job site meetings.
• Identify problems in any area of the project, make recommendations and provide solutions.
• Recognize areas of possible claims and advocate steps to eliminate or reduce such claims.
• Give final approval to all materials to be incorporated into the works, making sure that all products conform to specifications.
• Coordinate all necessary activities involving clearance from statutory authorities.
• Develop and maintain, as needed, sustained contacts with local authorities
• Review, report, seek approval of the Client and implement approved variations in project costs.
• Organize and minute meetings with Client and construction teams
• Guide other members of the supervision team in removing constraints that affect the smooth running of the project
1. Requirement opens for western nationals.
2. Education: Bachelor of Engineering (Civil) or Bachelor of Architecture.
3. Must have experience in design and supervision of projects with minimum of 15 years on projects including large Terminal Buildings.