- Developing objectives and designing research projects and proposals.
- Formulating and conducting scientific experiments, performing data collection, and analyzing and evaluating test and research results.
- Replicating, evaluating, and refining research strategies and approaches and recommending improvements, and testing, customizing, and implementing new methods and procedures.
- Responding to research questions, troubleshooting problems, developing and writing advanced experimental protocols, and monitoring ongoing projects and proposing and implementing changes.
- Proposing techniques to improve research quality and team productivity.
- Reporting equipment problems and assisting with setting up new equipment.
- Contributing to and writing research findings for publications, papers, presentations, grants, and other documents.
- Assisting with grant and manuscript submissions.
- Guiding, training, and advising junior researchers and students, and supporting senior research staff.
- Developing and following standard operating procedures, and adhering to company policies and safety guidelines.
- Knowledge of research principles, concepts, practices, and methods.
- Computer literacy and strong mathematical, analytical, and research skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and written and verbal communication skills.