Paediatrics and Child Health
Aga Khan University
The Outreach and Research Programme of the Department of Paediatrics and Child Health has more than fifteen community-based field sites across Pakistan (including four in Karachi) and focuses on research for betterment of women and child health. The Department has a Nutritional Research Laboratory as well as an Infectious Disease Research Laboratory that cater to the needs of its research projects. It has well-acclaimed work to its credit both at the national and international level.
You will be responsible to supervise project activities related to field and data management to ensure quality control, while maintaining good working relationship with staff, community and various stakeholders involved. Specific responsibilities include to:
- supervise and monitor survey-related field activities
- manage finance, HR, transport and all field/office logistics of the project
- prepare project budget with study Principal Investigator
- plan, organize and oversee project planning activities
- supervise project activities from field to data management to ensure quality control
- maintain good working relationship with staff, community and stakeholders
- prepare and compile periodic study progress reports and present the study results as per the requirements.
You should have:
- a Master’s degree in Health Policy Management, Public Health, Healthcare Management preferably with some additional certification and knowledge of Good Clinical Practices
- at least three years of relevant experience
- excellent interpersonal, skills particularly communication skills
- excellent skills on proven mixed research methods and possess strong integrity and research ethics
- ability to work effectively in teams as well as independently
- proficiency in the use of computers, particularly in MS Office package
- willingness to work in the community settings and travel to field sites.
This is a close-ended position to be based in Karachi.