To provide Mechanical Engineering support to the operations and maintenance teams during the entire lifecycle of the plant’s major equipment, analyzing their performances, operative conditions and boundaries, in order to guarantee reliable and safe operations of all facilities under JIGPC in Jazan, Saudi Arabia.
Nature & Scope
Properly functioning equipment and systems are critical to the safe, reliable, and efficient operation of the plant. As a member of the Plant Reliability Engineering team, the Mechanical Engineer will interact routinely with plant operations, maintenance, and engineering personnel to provide “hands-on” field-engineering & troubleshooting support, instructions, and technical guidance related to the site’s static and rotating equipment & machinery. The position emphasizes teamwork, communications, organization, change management, work process optimization, planning, leadership, and hands-on technical skills with comprehensive knowledge across engineering disciplines.
- Provide & maintain a safe work environment for self & others. Employ good housekeeping methods and demonstrate leadership with all company & industry safe work processes to prevent injuries.
- Lead and facilitate Root Cause Analysis and event investigations
- Guide and train team members in the conduct of simple event investigations that do not require complex RCA
- Calculate and report asset reliability KPIs, analyze gaps and generate action plans to close gaps
- Provide technical support to the maintenance team to enhance preventive maintenance strategies and checks, along with predictive maintenance strategies and operation-based maintenance checks
- Facilitate and manage all reliability programs
- Develop asset life strategies
- Utilize knowledge and familiarity with the international standards in order to improve the equipment performance.
- Implement the best-in-class solutions as foreseen by international standards and other internal company standards.
- Participate in efficiency improvement initiates and upgrading programs
- Propose changes in operating modes, or technological improvement, or maintenance strategies implementation, in order to support the company vision of continuous improvement through collaboration and people conversation
- Engineering graduate (BSME preferred) with >8 years of relevant experience in chemical / refinery / gas plant maintenance / inspection / engineering.
- Knowledge of industry codes and standards applicable to Oil and Gas and Refining Industries (API, ISA, NEC / IEC, NFPA, ASME, etc.) and preferably also Saudi Aramco standards and working practices
- In-depth knowledge and experience in conducting Root Cause Analysis. Experience in the use various RCA tools and method is a must
- Strong technical background in the field of Instrumentation, Electrical, or Mechanical (Fixed and Rotating)
- Engineering Degree (Mechanical, Instrumentation & Control, or Electrical)
- Strong facilitation and inter-personal skills, resiliency, collaboratively
- SAP knowledge is an advantage
- Previous job experience as Reliability Engineer