Duties and Responsibilities:
- To exercise the highest possible standard of patient care according to his clinical privileges and available resources.
- Works towards completing his post graduate training and passing the Final Part his Membership or Saudi Board.
- Contributes to the teaching and training activities of the department.
- Provides the highest attainable standard of medical care for the patients for whom he/she is responsible.
- Carries out full range of inpatient and outpatient clinical duties as assigned by the Consultant/Senior Registrar in Pediatric Emergency Medicine in accordance with individually approved clinical privileges.
- Participates in the on-call duties as required by the department.
- Participates in the improvement of quality of patient care (Total Quality Management Programme, Quality Assessment Improvement Programme) as applicable.
- Instructs and guides when necessary junior medical staff in the overall care of patients, supervises their performance/work and contributes to the training and teaching activities in the department.
- To report and discuss all unusual findings, complication or alterations in the management plan, with the Senior Registrar/Consultant.
- Fulfills the requirements of the Saudi Council for Health Specialties with regard to continuing medical education.
- Works towards completing his sub-specialty training in Pediatric Emergency Medicine.
- Attends the Continuing Medical Education Programme of the department
- Participates in approved research projects.
- Shares workload in his specialty during the absence of his colleagues.
- To acquire and maintain a valid certification in Pediatric Advanced Cardiac Life Support (PALS).
- Strives to improve his clinical expertise as well as standard of practice with regard to morbidity and cost effectiveness.
- Participates in the Major Disaster Plan of the hospital.
- Ability to assume greater responsibility in matters of patient care.
- Commitment to learning and training in pursuance of a career in his chosen specialty.
- Ability to deal calmly, with tact and diplomacy to patient and staff alike.
- Ability to work effectively in a multi-cultural environment.