Responsible for the medical care of the patients presenting to E.R. He/she is to receive the patient, perform full assessment, initiate medical care and discharge the patient safely from the unit.
Registrar is responsible for providing the care of his/her patient maintaining a
high- level of professional performance in accordance with:
· Professional medical ethics and CBAHI / JCIA standards.
· Hospital medical by-laws.
· Laws of Ministry of Health in Kingdom of Saudi Arabia and any other applicable regulations according to the departmental quality plan.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
· Ensures through his actions, either directly or indirectly, that a superior quality of medical treatment, compassion and understanding is given to every patient served at the NMC Hospitals and Clinics.
· Supervise the work of ER Residents.
· Triage patients to medical care according to the acuity of their illness, in cooperation with the Emergency Room Nurses.
· Performs a full assessment of the patient including history taking, physical examination, routine diagnostic tests and investigations.
· Initiates the proper medical care/treatment as appropriate, Provides patient care within the parameters of their professional competence as reflected in the scope of their clinical privileges.
· Should be able to handle and manage all surgical, orthopedic, medical and pediatric cases presenting to the E.R. and stabilize critical cases.
· Refers patient to other physicians of relevant specialties for consultation or continuation of specialized medical care or admission when needed.
· Documents all the above procedures as per the Insurance Hospital Rules and Regulations.
· Shares and participates in the departments’ education and training activities.
· Abides by the Policies and Procedures of the department and the Riyadh Care Hospital.
· Responsible to educate patients /families as per their needs and to implement their whole role regarding patient / family education process as mention in patient & family education policy and procedure including documentation in patient medical record.
· They are knowledgeable about their essential role in patient and family education.
· Involves the patient/families in plan of care and respects patients/families regarding their goals and choices of patient care.
· Provides health promotion and health teaching thru methods appropriate to a patients’ developmental level, learning needs, readiness and ability to learn, language preference, culture and situations.
· Allots time necessary to assess, plan implement and evaluate patient education provided to patients/families with appropriate documentation.
· Performs other applicable tasks and duties assigned within the realm of the employee’s knowledge, skills and abilities.
· Head of Medical Emergency Services.
· ER Residents.
· Other Emergency Room Physicians, Physicians from medical department and staff of Supporting Professional Services.
A minimum of:
· EDUCATION :
· University medical degree
· Master Degree in Emergency Medicine or Intensive Care with three (3) years’ experience.
· Registration in Saudi Medical Council and/or Current license to practice medicine in Saudi Arabia.
Minimum five (5) years experience Post Qualification.
Current valid license to practice medicine in the area of specialty.
· Demonstrates leadership and administrative skills.
· Fluent in verbal and written English.
· Exhibits professionalism and excellent interpersonal communication skills.
· Is knowledgeable of the Medical by-laws.
· Knowledge of computer application.