The Regional Project Manager will be responsible for the project management function for the assigned region to attain the functional, business, and overall company strategy. You will develop and integrate the related processes to manage cross-functional teams to execute projects, manage complex issues and fulfill contractual obligations with an aim to provide cost effective and high-quality services to improve long term asset reliability, whilst ensuring overall cost efficiencies, profitability, optimization of resources and client satisfaction.
Strategy & Plans
- Contribute to the Field Services strategy in line with the functional strategy to ensure vertical alignment and horizontal integration with other interfacing departments.
- Regularly report to the manager on the operational activities of department, challenges and issues faced, mitigations taken, etc. as required, to keep them informed and updated on the department’s activities.
- Manage the effective achievement of the team’s objectives through setting individual objectives, managing performance, developing the team and providing formal and informal feedback to maximise overall performance, engagement and motivation.
- Contribute to the preparation of the department’s & outages budget and manage and monitor the financial performance against the budget so that areas of unsatisfactory performance are identified, rectified promptly and potential performance improvement opportunities are capitalised upon.
- Work with the Plant Maintenance team of the respective plant, to plan the outage management strategy, scope of work resources needed, local manpower requirements, spare part requirements, QA plan etc., well in advance (up to 18 months ahead) to ensure a thorough and robust plan is developed, considering all possible aspects that might impact the execution.
- Conduct a pre-outage study & operational rhythm by understanding and studying the technical details of the equipment including the history of the equipment, recommendations of the OEM, layout, interconnections with other equipment, operating conditions etc., to ensure the planning and execution is accurate.
- Oversee the end to end execution of the outage by monitoring daily progress against the plan, resolving escalated issues and managing key stakeholders / service providers to ensure the work is completed as per the work control procedures, HSSE and quality standards.
- Oversee and manage the issuance of spare parts, consumables, tools, work authorizations/ necessary permits etc., to ensure all the required regulatory and safety permits are issued prior to the start of the execution.
- Oversee and ensure the daily schedule is updated, based on the progress, plant condition and adjustment required by different work units and contractors, to ensure timely completion as per the plan.
- Lead the daily outage coordination meetings with the stakeholders, to ensure robust planning and execution and timely escalation and resolution of issues.
- Review daily and weekly management reports highlighting performance against the objectives, to ensure the management / stakeholders are aware of the execution of the outage and any escalated issues are resolved in a timely and effective manner.
- Oversee the quality control inspections according to quality plan and acceptance of the equipment, to ensure the inspections are carried out as per the requirements.
- Oversee the final calibration and checking by Maintenance, Operation and Technical teams to ensure client satisfaction and final acceptance as per the authority matrix.
- Oversee and ensure that the plant is ready for return to service by verifying the close out of all Work Authorizations, testing and acceptance of equipment, systems returned to normal operating configurations, completion of surveillance and startup tests, engineering issues and other commitments have been closed out properly.
Post Execution Reporting
- Review and submit the final outage report including the entire process of outage preparation, execution, jobs statistics, scope of work, comparison of planned verses achieved outage goals and critical milestones, major problems encountered & corrective actions taken, good practices and lessons learned, to ensure it is used as a means for continuous improvement.
- Act as a centre of expertise of a particular type of critical equipment (Gas Turbines / Steam Turbines etc.,), sharing technical know-how with the team, providing technical insights and best practices and having technical discussions with vendors and clients to ensure their knowledge is leveraged for the best interest of the organisation.
- Keep abreast of the latest technological innovations, new equipment design and functionality and leading practices in the field and evaluate their relevance and usage from NOMAC’s perspective.
Policies, Processes, Systems & Procedures
- Develop and oversee the creation and implementation of the required policies, procedures and controls covering all areas of the function so that all relevant procedural/legislative requirements and standards are fulfilled.
Qualifications and Experience:
- A Bachelor’s degree in engineering from an accredited university.
- 15 years’ experience in Operations and Maintenance of Power Plants
- Engineering/Outage Execution experience with OEM is plus
- Experience in outage management of Steam / Gas Turbines and Generators.
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally (approximately 25% of the time)
- Strategic and commercial mindset to contribute towards the success of the organization.
- Ability to originate and build relationships at senior level
- Project Management principles and tools
- Excellent communication, presentation, and negotiation skills
- Excellent analytical and conceptual skills
- Ability to complement the decision-making processes based on technical know-how
- Coach and develop team members on key technical areas/ disciplines
- Thorough understanding of latest technology and innovation
- Understanding of the business value chain and operations
- Knowledge of applicable legal / quality / HSSE requirements
- Thorough knowledge of power plant operations, contracts, maintenance, its equipment, practices, procedures