About Citi Markets:
Citi’s equities business is one of the largest and most established, both regionally and globally. Our clients include the world’s leading institutional investors and high net worth individuals and we provide these clients with value-added, independent, insightful and actionable investment advice.
The successful candidate will join Citi’s Global Markets Center in Mumbai and will work closely with New York, London and Hong Kong based sales traders, quantitative analysts and technologists.
- Position Title: Assistant Vice President – Cash Equities Quant
- Business Group: Institutional Clients Group
- Grade/Level: Assistant Vice President
- Function/Group: Citi Markets
- Location: Mumbai
- Percentage of Travel: Yes, 10% of the Time
- Individual Contributor (IC)/Managerial: IC
Role and Responsibilities:
Citi is looking to expand its team of highly talented individuals who are working on building and implementing the quant models used in the context of Citi’s cash equities trading businesses. The work includes close collaboration with a number of product lines including pre-trade, intra-trade, post-trade products, electronic execution and central risk platforms across all major global markets. A successful candidate will have a demonstrated ability in understanding and implementing quantitative models with direct experience in algorithmic trading models and platform or equities trading systems and a working knowledge of equites market microstructure (or other asset class). The candidate will use their strong programming capability to implement new quant models and make enhancements to existing functionalities.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science/Electrical Engineering/Electronics and Communications from a premier academic institution
- 5-12 years of industry experience
- Strong programming and computer science skills
- Good knowledge of Java/C++, Data Structure and Algorithms
- Experience with Q/KDB+ and python is preferable
- Strong analytical skills and quantitative background, with good knowledge in one or more of the following disciplines – probability, quantitative finance, computer science, linear algebra, numerical methods, statistics, econometrics, time series analysis would be a plus
- Good communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Ability to work under pressure, with minimal supervision, and in a team environment
- Detail-oriented and with strong organizational skills
Job Family Group:
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries (“Citi”) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi.
View the “EEO is the Law” poster. View the EEO is the Law Supplement.
View the EEO Policy Statement.
View the Pay Transparency Posting