Quality Control Engineer III
JOB PURPOSE: Jobholder is responsible for collecting all the process and product related data and shall compile, analyze and summarize for senior management. Jobholder is also responsible for continual improvement of the QC processes and product quality. He will deputize the QC manager whenever required.
Product Qualification Test
- Organizes and undertakes major long term and short-term product qualification tests with the support of QC Manager.
- Prepares Qualification test procedures.
- Ensures that all the project product qualification tests are conducted and reported in line with the requirements.
- Ensures continuous update of the company product qualifications in line with local/international standards and specifications as applicable.
New Raw Material Qualification Program
- Assists PED in performing the new Raw Material approval qualification tests.
- Assists PED during the new production trials and testing.
- Prepares production trial reports for raw materials qualifications
Process Quality Control
- Randomly checks the production inspection and tests of Pipes & Fittings to ensure the process quality control being achieved.
- Study operations sequence, material flow and project information flow to foresee the bottlenecks and eliminate the same.
- Evaluate precision and accuracy of production and testing equipment and engineering drawings to formulate corrective action plan.
- Recommend methods for improving the QC inspection and testing processes.
- Ensures all relevant data are collected from various processes and on various products in coordination with QC inspectors, QC supervisors and production personnel.
- Ensure direct employees engaged in product measurement, inspection, and testing activities to ensure quality control and reliability.
- Ensures that data on Rejections, Repairs, Thickness variance, Mechanical properties variance, Raw material variance are properly and accurately collected and reported.
- Apply statistical methods and perform mathematical calculations to determine manufacturing processes, production and quality standards.
- Analyse statistical data and product specifications to determine standards and establish quality and reliability objectives of the finished products.
- Formulate sampling procedures and designs and develop forms and instructions for recording, evaluating, and reporting quality and reliability data.
- Prepare the monthly reports such as Fiberstrong Pipe and RM data bases, GRE Pipe Dashboard report, QC Monthly report and submit them to QC Manager
Audits & Corrective Action
- Carry out internal audits to check the compliance in the ongoing production process & finished products.
- Issue non-conformity reports and follow up the timely closures from the concerned departments.
- Review and ensure that the precision and accuracy of engineering drawings of the major moulds are within the final product acceptance criteria.
- Ensures that the mould dimensions are checked by QC inspectors against the relevant mould/product drawings upon receipt from the suppliers
RM Calculation & M/C Setup Verification
- Ensures that RMC & M/C set up for production are prepared based on actual product requirement.
Preparation of Project Specification Documents
- Review of project specifications for compliance of QC related clauses and submission of table of compliance at RFQ stage as applicable.
- Prepares project related Quality Control Procedures, ITPs, and Material Pre-Qualification Test Plans
Update Quality Assurance Process
- Review and update the Quality Assurance Procedures applicable to QC
Testing Equipment Calibrations
- Monitors that all testing & measuring equipment are calibrated in accordance to the latest norms and requirement so as to assure quality.
- Coordinate with QC Manager and calibration agencies to maintain the valid external calibrations for the necessary testing machines to prevent the interruptions in the day-to-day testing activities.
Control of Records
- Ensures that all the QC records are maintained for future reference.
- Ensures that the updated controlled documents/forms are in use and obsolete documents are identified and segregated.
Policies and Procedures
- Communicates the requirement of operational procedures and work instructions to QC staffs and monitors their adherence so that work is carried out in a controlled manner
Safety, Quality & Environment
- Ensures that all relevant safety, quality and environmental procedures, instructions and controls are adhered to so that the safety of employees, quality of products/services and environmental compliance can be guaranteed.
- Performs toolbox trainings to all QC staffs.
SPAN OF COMMUNICATION
Internal: Regional QC Manager, QC Manager, Plant Manager, QA Engineer, QC Supervisors, QC inspectors, Production dept, Project dept, Delivery dept, Site service dept., Stores dept. QC Engineers of sister units, PED.
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE, & SKILLS
- Bachelor of Engineering or Bachelor of Technology (4 years course)
- Minimum experience of 7 years
- Strong knowledge and experience in fibreglass applications
- Quality Control skills
- Strong Knowledge in ISO 9001 Management System
- Internal auditing skills ▪ Detailed knowledge on International Standards related to the fiberglass products
- Ability to read and interpret engineering drawings
- Ability to undertake detailed inspections
- Knowledge of the laboratory testing requirements and calibration of Inspection equipment
- English fluency & Computer literacy
- Leadership & Teamwork
- Problem Solving
- Communication & Presentation
- Analysis & Reporting
- Industry expertise ▪ Trainer