The QHSSE Coordinator is primarily responsible for assisting with the implementation and maintenance of the Integrated Management (IMS) and Energy Management System (EnMS). The role involves support to QHSSE team for full range of HSE related tasks, including Safety Communication, Risk Assessments, Field Visits and HSE Supervision, to ensure the smooth functioning of the QHSSE department. The job holder will also assist E&M Manager with administrative tasks and coordination related to the assigned projects. He/ She will be acting as stand-in for QHSSE Officer and will provide leave cover to the Office Administrator as required.
Key Accountabilities & Responsibilities:
- Assist QHSSE Manager in developing, improving and implementing policies and procedures for IMS and EnMS in accordance with ISO 9001, ISO 14001, ISO 45001, ISO 50001 and relevant standards.
- Assist QHSSE Manager in planning and executing audits including but not limited to compliance audit, IMS internal/external audit and gate pass audit.
- Work with Department Managers to ensure compliance with processes and standards as per IMS and EnMS requirements at GTI Fujairah.
- Assist QHSSE Manager to maintain and update legal register of the company with all applicable laws and guidelines from authorities.
- Maintain and follow-up with team for the action list of QHSSE & EnMS related matters and the timely closure with evidence.
- Assist in coordinating/facilitating QHSSE & EnMS communication including departmental reporting, safety bulletins, office safety talks, campaigns and promotional activities.
- Identify EHS related hazards and improvements in the terminal working environment and advise suitable risk prevention / mitigation measures.
- Suggest improvements to GTI Fujairah QHSSE & EnMS systems through continuous improvement and be in a position to implement such improvement if endorsed by GTI Fujairah Management.
- Assist with procurement of items related to QHSSE.
- Deliver and maintain suitable and adequate document control processes including filing all the documents both hard copies and electronic copies systematically.
- Promptly receive and forward internal/external telephone calls.
- Assist the E&M Manager with administrative tasks related to the assigned projects (including Document Control activities and Project Documentation)
- Assist the HR and Admin Team wherever possible on Ad-Hoc duties as directed and also during special events.
- Assist the Finance Manager, including handling of Petty Cash in absence of the Accountant.
- Perform necessary housekeeping and maintain the work area in a safe and neat manner.
He / She must be proficient in MS Office packages, be familiar with IMS / Quality systems and standards, be numerate and able to do complex arithmetic calculations, possess excellent interpersonal, organizational and communication skills in English. Certification in Occupational Safety or Project Management would be preferred.