On behalf of the fastest-growing retail company in the Middle East, we are seeking a Project Chief Accountant for their Riyadh operations.
- Provide support, service, and advise on all finance matters to the company’s management.
- Finalization of Annual Financial Statements of the Company, organizing and coordinating internal and external audits, reviewing and implementing recommendations.
- Implement budget and forecast preparation schedule by collecting relevant business data and projections from the line departments, and providing relevant analysis.
- Exercise budgetary controls, accounting & physical controls, and credit control as per laid down procedures and asset management. Also exercise controls on Fixed Asset Management, Projects, and other purchases and services.
- Supervise the payment procedure for local and overseas suppliers and exercise internal controls so that payments are made as per approved terms and SOA, for goods and services supplied.
- Ensuring that all accounting entries are incorporated in the company accounts after they have been approved as per the schedule of authority and that accounts are kept updated to reflect all the transactions of the business, including all reconciliations with banks, debtors, creditors, principals, and group companies.
- Liaising with the company’s insurers for necessary coverage for company assets, participating in premium negotiations, review of terms & conditions, and timely advice to GM Finance.
- Maintaining an effective involvement and understanding of the business in order to contribute to key business decisions within the Company through financial advice and expertise.
- Responsible for various financial management functions such as participation in pricing and inventory management, contract negotiations, review of terms and conditions of contracts, feasibility studies & investment analysis, supervision, and follow-up on claims with respect to local and overseas suppliers.
- Continuous review of existing policies and procedures and development of action plans to address improvement opportunities and automation of manual processes
- Bachelor of Accounting, or Finance.
- Around 6 years of work experience as Senior/ Chief Accountant.
- Exposure to various managing financials for projects.
- Strong understanding of accounting aspects like balance sheets, cash flow management, business forecast, and profitability.
- Strong communication and negotiation skills in partnership management and inter-department coordination.
- Attention to detail and good analytical skills.
- Reporting Skills.
- Hands-on experience in handling MS Word, Excel, Outlook, Teams, and PowerPoint. Good understanding of various aspects of accounting and finance as well as operations.
- Ability to define and establish policies and procedures.
- Communication skills – written and spoken.