- Researches, programs, plans, designs, and administers building projects for clients, applying knowledge of architectural design, construction detailing, construction procedures, zoning, and building codes, and building materials and systems.
- Produces conceptual plans, renderings, and documents.
- Plans and programs layout of project(s); coordinates and integrates engineering elements into unified design for client review and approval.
- Utilizes computer-assisted design software and equipment to prepare project designs and plans.
- Produces construction documents in AutoCAD and Revit.
- Working with the Project Manager, may direct, supervise, and check activities of workers engaged in preparing drawings and specification documents for the Conceptual Design Phase, Schematic Design Phase, and/or the Detailed Design Phase of a project.
- Interfaces with the Director of Architecture and project managers.
- Works in tandem with highly collaborative multi-discipline design teams.
- Assists in research and coordination of materials and products for project specifications.
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in architecture from an accredited institution
- Understanding and knowledge of building codes, zoning regulations, building construction, building systems, and site requirements
- Proficiency in Revit, AutoCAD, SketchUp, Photoshop, and Microsoft Office suite is required
- Ability to provide elegant and efficient design solutions
- Excellent oral and written communication
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- High attention to detail
- Ability to work under indirect supervision
- Effective interpersonal skills and collaborative management style to include teamwork and team building ability
- Comfortable with ambiguity and time spent outside of comfort zone acquiring new skills
- Technically creative and open-minded