To provide effective coordination and specialized support to the Monitoring and Evaluation Unit’ activities that effectively meet food assistance needs
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
Provide specialized expertise and contribute towards the development of log frames and Monitoring & Evaluation (M&E) plans for technical projects and addressing adhoc requests for M&E inputs.
2. Prepare a variety of Terms of References for M&E activities, elaborated reports and substantial data analysis (e.g., Assistance in monitoring and programme performance) and make recommendations to supervisors and concerned programme staff to ensure deliverables adhere to plans and quality control.
3. Lead and ensure accurate, timely recording of data by field coordinators and consistency of information being presented.
4. Participate in developing M&E data collection, analysis and reporting tools.
5. Coordinate and liaise with internal counterparts on a range of complex matters to enable effective collaboration, implementation and monitoring of ongoing project activities.
6. Support the capacity building of WFP staff, cooperating partners and national government on M&E and similar analytical functions.
7. Act as an escalation point for complex query resolution on matters within the area of M&E functions.
8. Participate in outcome indicator data collection and entry on COMET.
9. Participate in meetings, working groups, trainings and events within and outside WFP as requested.
10. Act as Officer in Charge (OIC) of M&E unit as needed
4Ps CORE ORGANISATIONAL CAPABILITIES
- Understand and communicate the Strategic Objectives: Understands WFP’s Strategic Objectives and the link to own work objectives.
- Be a force for positive change: Flexibly adapts individual contributions to accommodate changes in direction from supervisors and internal/external changes (such as evolving needs of beneficiaries, new requirements of partners).
- Make the mission inspiring to our team: Recognizes and shares with team members the ways in which individual contributions relate to WFP’s mission.
- Make our mission visible in everyday actions: Sets own goals in alignment with WFP’s overall operations, and is able to communicate this link to others.
- Look for ways to strengthen people’s skills: Assesses own strengths and weaknesses to increase self-awareness, and includes these in conversations on own developmental needs.
- Create an inclusive culture: Participates in open dialogue, and values the diverse opinion of others, regardless of background, culture, experience, or country assignment.
- Be a coach & provide constructive feedback: Proactively seeks feedback and coaching to build confidence, and develop and improve individual skills.
- Create an “I will”/”We will” spirit: Participates in accomplishing team activities and goals in the face of challenging circumstances.
- Encourage innovation & creative solutions: Shows willingness to explore and experiment with new ideas and approaches in own work.
- Focus on getting results: Consistently delivers results within individual scope of work on time, on budget and without errors.
- Make commitments and make good on commitments: Commits to upholding individual accountabilities and responsibilities in the face of ever-changing country or functional priorities.
- Be Decisive: Makes rational decisions about individual activities when faced with uncertain circumstances, including in times of ambiguity regarding information or manager direction.
- Connect and share across WFP units: Seeks to understand and adapt to internal or cross-unit teams’ priorities and preferred working styles.
- Build strong external partnerships: Demonstrates ability to understand and appropriately respond to and/or escalate needs of external partners.
- Be politically agile & adaptable: Portrays an informed and professional demeanor toward internal and external partners and stakeholders.
- Be clear about the value WFP brings to partnerships: Provides operational support on analyses and assessments that quantifies and demonstrates WFP’s unique value as a partner.
DESIRED EXPERIENCES FOR ENTRY INTO THE ROLE
Has participated in implementing Monitoring and Evaluation programs.
Has implemented M&E programmes with increased level of responsibility.
Has provided input to policy discussions.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Contract Type: Fixed Term
Contract Duration: This is a one-year contract, extension will be based on satisfactory performance and fund availability.
Duty Station: Egypt -Cairo