The Programme Policy Officer – M&E will be part of the M&E team based in Sa’ada Field office. S/he will be primarily responsible for reviewing and updating data management systems to align to WFP corporate standards and FO requirements, establishing and maintaining systems to track monitoring findings and ensuring appropriate action is taken, liaising with all relevant units within the FO as well as M&E units in other FOs that make up Sana’a Area Office and external partners and coordinating all M&E related activities and functions. S/he will contribute to the overall objective of the M&E team to strengthen and innovate data management systems to generate quality evidence on the implementation and results of WFP’s interventions and inform policy, strategy and programme design and implementation. The Programme Policy Officer – M&E will be reporting to the Head of Field Office and will be part of the Area Office M&E team.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES -1 (not all-inclusive)
- Contribute to evidence-based decision-making on programme design and implementation, notably through making monitoring findings accessible, and developing innovative and user-friendly tools as well as contribute to improving on the existing monitoring tools to track monitoring findings and follow up on recommended actions.
- Ensure effective management and functioning of the Monitoring and Evaluation Findings (MEF) database within the Field Office, as well as contribute to the development of new functions in line with the overall M&E data management strengthening objectives.
- Serve as focal point of the MEF database within the Field Office and liaise with the M&E team within other Field offices and CO on all technical aspects related to maintenance, development and enhancement of the system.
- Develop regular analysis, dashboard and other reporting products to illustrate the status and progress of monitoring findings and actions in MEF.
- Coordinate with CO, Programme technical teams and Third-Party Monitoring (TPM) companies to support effective planning, implementation as well as timely and accurate data entry and tracking of monitoring findings and ensure that appropriate corrective actions for case closure are taken timely and all processes are in place as per Standard Operating Procedures (SOP).
- Contribute to the development, review and update of SOP, guidelines and other capacity strengthening materials
- Support the work of TPM and FOs staff in performing all monitoring-related activities, to ensure standardized and harmonized processes across all areas and functions.
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Education and Experience: Advanced University degree in International Affairs, Economics, Nutrition/Health, Agriculture, Environmental Science, Social Sciences or other field relevant to international development assistance with 1 year relevant experience , or First University Degree with additional 2 years of related work experience and/or trainings/courses.
Administrative/Assistant/Secretariat work experience is not considered, except for years holding Associate positions or above (UN equivalent grade G-6 or above), in which case each year is counted at 50%
Languages: Fluency (level C) in English AND Arabic languages.
Technical skills: Database administrator, software engineering and programming, security-based software programming.
Citizenship: Only Yemeni citizens are eligible for this position.
DESIRED EXPERIENCES FOR ENTRY INTO THE ROLE
- Previous experience in humanitarian or development contexts.
- Previous experience working in the field of Monitoring and Evaluation.
- Previous experience in software engineering and database development and management.
4Ps CORE ORGANISATIONAL CAPABILITIES
- Understand and communicate the Strategic Objectives: Understands WFP’s Strategic Objectives and the link to own work objectives.
- Be a force for positive change: Flexibly adapts individual contributions to accommodate changes in direction from supervisors and internal/external changes (such as evolving needs of beneficiaries, new requirements of partners).
- Make the mission inspiring to our team: Recognizes and shares with team members the ways in which individual contributions relate to WFP’s mission.
- Make our mission visible in everyday actions: Sets own goals in alignment with WFP’s overall operations, and is able to communicate this link to others.
- Look for ways to strengthen people’s skills: Assesses own strengths and weaknesses to increase self-awareness, and includes these in conversations on own developmental needs.
- Create an inclusive culture: Participates in open dialogue, and values the diverse opinion of others, regardless of background, culture, experience, or country assignment.
- Be a coach & provide constructive feedback: Proactively seeks feedback and coaching to build confidence, and develop and improve individual skills.
- Create an “I will”/”We will” spirit: Participates in accomplishing team activities and goals in the face of challenging circumstances.
- Encourage innovation & creative solutions: Shows willingness to explore and experiment with new ideas and approaches in own work.
- Focus on getting results: Consistently delivers results within individual scope of work on time, on budget and without errors.
- Make commitments and make good on commitments: Commits to upholding individual accountabilities and responsibilities in the face of ever-changing country or functional priorities.
- Be Decisive: Makes rational decisions about individual activities when faced with uncertain circumstances, including in times of ambiguity regarding information or manager direction.
- Connect and share across WFP units: Seeks to understand and adapt to internal or cross-unit teams’ priorities and preferred working styles.
- Build strong external partnerships: Demonstrates ability to understand and appropriately respond to and/or escalate needs of external partners.
- Be politically agile & adaptable: Portrays an informed and professional demeanor toward internal and external partners and stakeholders.
- Be clear about the value WFP brings to partnerships: Provides operational support on analyses and assessments that quantifies and demonstrates WFP’s unique value as a partner.