To provide effective specialized support and technical analyses to policy and programme activities that effectively meet food assistance needs.
- Contribute to the strategic planning, management and monitoring of FFA interventions implemented by WFP Iraq.
- With guidance from FFA Activity Manager, provide technical guidance and support to relevant field office staff on the planning, implementation and monitoring of FFA activities.
- Support the development of Call for Partnerships, review submitted concept notes and proposals, prepare technical reviews for presentation to the Cooperating Partner Committee (CPC), and review requests for project extensions by Cooperating Partners, and undertaking the needed evaluations.
- Support engagement with internal stakeholders to monitor FFA related expenditures based on project budgets to ensure timely fund utilisation as planned and to ensure regular monitoring and reporting on FFA activities and follow up on process monitoring.
- Support in planning, coordinating and tracking Cash Based Transfers under FFA activities implemented in Iraq in line with the distribution plans.
- Contribute to the development of FFA operational, distribution and process and outcome monitoring plans, ensuring alignment with WFP’s policy and procedure.
- Support in maintaining close engagement with cooperating partners implementing FFA activities, to ensure project deliverables are on track, and implementation is done in accordance to project plans and agreements.
- Monitor all aspects of project implementation progress, level of realization verses project objectives, reporting and invoicing including quality of the project standards.
- Undertake regular field visits to programme districts and ensure that programme activities are implemented according to the agreed standards and guidelines. Organize and carry out joint field visits with government, partners, donors and concerned stakeholders.
- Support in identification of new partnership opportunities with national and international NGOs, UN agencies, Government counterparts, academic institutions and other relevant stakeholders to further scale up WFP’s resilience building efforts in Iraq.
- Perform other duties as required and assigned.
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Education: University degree in Social Sciences; Development Studies, Rural Development, Environmental Economics, Natural Resources Management, Political Sciences, Business Administration, or similar related field. Fluency in Arabic Language is an advantage.
Language: Fluency in both spoken and written English and Arabic.Kurdish language is an advantage.
Work Experience: At least 3 years professional experience with UN agencies or international/national non-governmental organisations working on resilience building, livelihoods or similar development type interventions.
High IT proficiency (beyond basic computer use) with experience in word-processing, Excel, developing presentations, ability to quickly learn and fully utilise internal WFP systems and tools.
Terms and Conditions
Position Title: Programme Associate (Resilience)
Grade: General Service Level 6
Contract: Fixed-Term (FT) – One-year renewable
Duty Station/travel: Baghdad with travel inside Iraq.
Salary: Starting at USD 28,311 net per annum
Medical Plan: International valid medical plan for the staff member, spouse and dependents children under 18 years
Annual leave: 30 working days per annum
DESIRED EXPERIENCES FOR ENTRY INTO THE ROLE
- Excellent analytical and writing skills;
- Excellent team player and management skills;
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills; and
- Excellent negotiation and problem-solving skills.