The incumbent will support activities related to the Emergency social safety nets (ESSN) project and will support WFP in other Direct Food Assistance and Emergency Response Programmes such as and not limited to: Cash Based Transfers, Direct Food Assistance (In-Kind Distribution), Accountability to Affected Population (AAP), and ensure they are undertaken within the agreed timelines and coordinated properly with relevant parties internally and externally, as required. The incumbent is expected to travel within the service areas of the respective location.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
Within delegated authority and under the direct supervision of the Programme Policy Officer (Deputy Head of Office in the field office) and the overall guidance of the Head of Field Office, the Programme Assistant will be responsible for the following duties:
• Support the Social Protection Unit (SPU) in the overall implementation of the ESSN, specifically, the verification and Post Distribution Monitoring (PDM) components of the project.
• In coordination with the SPU at WFP country office, lead specific technical assistance components that strengthen implementation mechanisms of the ESSN Program in the field, notably the establishment of a functional verification system for the ESSN through the development of appropriate and clear SOPs and communication mechanisms.
• Act as a Team Lead for ESSN program in the field, working with PPO, M&E unit, Programme unit at field and country office levels.
• Manage and supervise the daily workplans and performance of the ESSN field monitoring assistants and work closely with them on various capacity building and managerial aspects.
• Contribute to the timely and accurate delivery of corporate and donor report requirements on ESSN project to enable informed decision-making and consistency of information presented to stakeholders.
• Oversee the data collection process for the ESSN verification and Post Distribution Monitoring (PDM) by third-party firms
• Support the implementation of capacity building activities and training programmes for the Government’s partners at the regional level involved in the implementation of the ESSN verification and Post Distribution Monitoring (PDM).
• Coordinate with WFP cooperating partners, other local and international NGOs, municipalities, and local authorities on all aspects related to the implementation of the ESSN project.
• Perform other related duties as required.
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Education: University degree in Social Sciences, Business, Economics, Political Science and/or International Development.
Experience: At least three (3) years of progressively responsible experience in the field of data collection / analysis and at least one (1) year of experience in the humanitarian field including in development programming, humanitarian assistance, programme administration, social protection, livelihoods, or other related fields.
Language: Fluency in both oral and written communication in English and Arabic. Knowledge of French is an advantage.
ADDITIONAL DESIRED SKILLS:
• Experience in data collection and analysis
• Experience in partnership management or grant proposal and budget review.
• Ability to facilitate discussions and coordinate tasks with multiple technical teams.
• Experience in working with governmental entities in Lebanon
• Agility and stamina to work in a fast-paced working environment.
• Ability to maintain regular, well organized and accurate records.
• Proficient computer knowledge and usage of MS software package, internet search and mapping software.
• Advanced knowledge in MS Excel.
• Effective communication skills for diverse audience of different ethnic groups and economic levels, and interagency partners.
• Work experience with NGO or UN is a plus.