To perform specialized and/or standardized policy and programme-related processes and activities to support the effective delivery of assistance packages.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
1. Perform specialized and/or standardised processes and activities within the specific technical area of work supporting alignment with wider programme policies and guidelines.
2. Provide project management and/or general office support following established targets and WFP’s policies and procedures.
3. Within the specific area of responsibility, compile data and support analysis and preparation of reports (e.g. food assistance needs, resource utilization, programme status, performance) in order to support operational decision-making.
4. Perform accurate, timely recording of data within the specific technical area of work (e.g. food security and vulnerability assessments) following corporate standards and guidelines.
5. Work and exchange information with internal counterparts to support effective collaboration, implementation and monitoring of ongoing project activities.
6. Support communication and activities with local partners, agencies, NGOs and government institutions.
7. Act as a point of contact for resolution of general operational queries requesting assistance where necessary.
8. Follow standard emergency preparedness practices to ensure WFP is able to quickly respond and deploy needed resources to affected areas at the onset of the crisis.
OTHER SPECIFIC JOB REQUIREMENTS
- To conduct and provide leadership in the above duties safely in the highest risk category of the UN system.
- Support to maintain and update maps of the current programme situation in the field.
- Act as one of the key members of WFP SO and partner assessment missions into complex locations of Hajja.
- Contribute to, under supervision of Program policy officer, maintain accurate and accessible record keeping of programme activities in the areas of responsibility.
- Maintain strong links with FAO, FSAC, Nutrition and CCCM Cluster, RRM partners and Governmental Agriculture and Health departments.
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
- 4 or more years of relevant work experience in a field related to Programme & Policy, Programme/Project support in a Humanitarian context.
- Completion of secondary school education. A post-secondary certificate in the related functional area is desirable.
- Fluency in both oral and written communication in Arabic and English.
- Either a Yemeni citizen or a foreign citizen with permanent Yemeni work permit.
4Ps CORE ORGANISATIONAL CAPABILITIES
- Understand and communicate the Strategic Objectives: Helps teammates articulate WFP’s Strategic Objectives.
- Be a force for positive change: Suggests potential improvements to team’s work processes to supervisor.
- Make the mission inspiring to our team: Explains the impact of WFP activities in beneficiary communities to teammates.
- Make our mission visible in everyday actions: Articulates how own unit’s responsibilities will serve WFP’s mission.
- Look for ways to strengthen people’s skills: Trains junior teammates on new skills and capabilities.
- Create an inclusive culture: Seeks opportunities to work with people from different backgrounds.
- Be a coach & provide constructive feedback: Serves as a peer coach for colleagues in same area of work.
- Create an “I will”/”We will” spirit: Tracks progress toward goals and shares this information on a regular basis with supervisor.
- Encourage innovation & creative solutions: Explores ways to consistently be more efficient and accurate in own areas of work and shares new methods of work with colleagues.
- Focus on getting results: Focuses on getting results and tracks trends in completion rates for own tasks to identify opportunities for efficiency.
- Make commitments and make good on commitments: Takes responsibility for own tasks and notifies supervisor as soon as possible of potential delays in meeting deadlines or commitments.
- Be Decisive: Independently decides what action to take when faced with critical choices in the workplace or in dangerous situations in the field.
- Connect and share across WFP units: Suggests opportunities for partnering with other units to supervisor.
- Build strong external partnerships: Identifies opportunities to work with colleagues and partners in the field towards common goals.
- Be politically agile & adaptable: Develops an understanding of the value of WFP’s teams and external partners in fulfilling team’s goals and objectives.
- Be clear about the value WFP brings to partnerships: Aligns own activities with supervisor’s priorities to fulfill internal and external partner needs.
DESIRED EXPERIENCES FOR ENTRY INTO THE ROLE
• Has facilitated communication with technical teams (i.e. nutrition, VAM, etc.).
• Has contributed to implementation of programmes.
• Has observed or assisted with policy discussions.