Essential Job Functions
- Identifies customer purchasing requirements and provides technical specifications and related documentation to assist the business development staff in the sale of products and systems.
- Assists in creating demonstration software and systems to showcase products and systems.
- Responds to customer inquiries concerning system software and applications, pre-sale and post-sale. Refers as necessary to appropriate personnel.
- Assists in testing user configurations for system compatibility. Provides support in the resolution of system malfunction and/or refers as appropriate.
- Monitors and records system installation/maintenance progress to document progress and matters of significance.
- Interacts with engineering groups to assist in basic design changes to equipment. Assists in tracking the progress of the projects with accountability to the customer, project manager and management to ensure an on-time and smooth product launch for the customer.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering or related field preferred
- Three or more years of applications engineering, field support or technical sales experience
- Experience working with overall department/account business objectives and goals
- Experience working with operating systems
- Experience working with software tools including compilers, assemblers, debuggers and simulators
- Experience working with assembly languages such as HTML programming, MySQL, C, C++, etc
- Communication skills
- Interpersonal skills to interact with customers and team members
- Organization and time management skills
- Analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to listen and comprehend
- Ability and willingness to learn
- Office environment
- May require weekend work