This position is responsible for the set up and operation of equipment which blends / mixes/ packages / transports liquid or dry chemicals that comprise our customer’s products. This position ensures the highest quality product at the lowest possible costs while meeting customer specifications and delivery requirement in accordance with PolyOne Corporation policies and procedures.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The purpose is to deliver:
- A safe no accident environment for all associates.
- Follows and complies with all safety and work rules and regulations. Maintains departmental housekeeping standards.
- Sets up, starts and runs all machinery, checking all controls for adherence to operating/ safety procedures and ISO standards.
- Monitors production and equipment to ensure safe and efficient operation. Trouble shoots equipment and processing issues.
- Operates machinery to mix, extrude / discharge or handle materials according to operating procedures.
- Examines materials visually or physically to ensure conformance with establishes standards.
- Takes samples of materials to laboratory for evaluation and instructions on any batch adjustments if needed.
- Refers issues / problems to Production Controller or Shift Supervisors or Laboratory personnel.
- Completes and maintains all required system inputs/ transactions. Responsible for data integrity.
- Documents work completed as required including logs, data reports, procedures, etc.
- Handling bags (resin, pigment, other . . ) up to 25 kg
- Able to read and write English
- Able to understand simple SOP ( machine and procedure)
- Comfortable to operate simple equipment
- Receive the RM, follow instruction to make the mix, run the mix, return RM at the end.
- Cleaning and care of equipment
- Able to detect (after training) any wrong doing and to inform QC Team and / or Maintenance
- Good common sense
Participates in training, retraining and continual improvement processes and methods.
Physical/ Environmental Demands:
English essential. Local languages useful. While performing the job the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; use hands and fingers to feel objects, tools, or controls; talk and / or hear. Occasionally required to sit. The employee must frequently lift and / or move up to 25 kilos and occasionally handle up to 125 kgs. Specific vision abilities may require close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. Requires the mandatory use of safety equipment as dictated by the work area such as safety glasses and shoes, dust mask, hard hat, respirator, face shield, hearing protection, chemical suit, gloves, aprons, etc. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate with the exception of high noise areas. Proper personal safety equipment needs to be used while performing this job and that equipment is dictated by the plant safety guidelines. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, dust, fumes, airborne particles, chemical dust, and risk of electric shock, vibration, non-hazardous chemical agents and outside weather conditions. Regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts and fumes or airborne particles. The employee is frequently exposed to vibration. The employee is occasionally exposed to toxic or caustic chemicals and risk of electrical shock.
– Able to work with method and cleanliness
– Work in 3 shifts / 6 days per week.
– Minimum intermediate English.