A reputable company in Baghdad- Iraq is seeking to hire a Procurement Officer.
- Assist in the preparation of tender documents to ensure the assembly of realistic and commercial tenders.
- Assist business units in assessing budgets prior to procuring goods and services.
- Responsible for obtaining quotations.
- Responsible for the preparation of purchase requisition.
- Responsible for the preparation and accurate processing of purchase orders.
- Responsible for investigating qualitative and quantitative discrepancies between goods ordered and goods
- Responsible for the accurate processing goods receipts.
- Responsible for providing monthly feedback to finance on status of capital projects.
- Responsible for generating monthly procurement reports, identify and investigate unusual items and report
- Prepare and follow up clearance procedure and any formal approvals from ministry of energy.
- Evaluate suppliers based on price, quality, and delivery speed.
- Performs other job duties as assigned.
- People Management
- To be a good role model for the team in term of compliance with the company policies and procedures and
- Maintain a complete headcount in the entity, and request employees in case of shortage.
- Follow up constantly on the quantity and quality of work, and on the completion of tasks.
- Conduct probation and formal performance appraisal in line with company guidelines.
- Hire new employees and ensure proper induction and training is being carried out.
- Continuously manage the performance of the employees and provide coaching and constructive feedback.
- Safeguard discipline at work, and handle policies noncompliance such as absenteeism, tardiness…
- Regularly communicate with staff to maintain positive relationships.
- Encourage employees’ initiatives and new ideas.
- A Bachelor’s degree in related field from a three (3) year accredited university with a minimum of one (2) years of
related experience or a technical degree from an accredited institute with a minimum of three (3) years of related
- Knowledge of office administration and procedures
- Proficient in relevant computer software
- Knowledge of regulatory standards and compliance requirements
- 1-3 years accounts receivable and general accounting experience
- Good oral and written communication skills in Arabic and English
- A minimum of 3 years experience in procurement environment
- Knowledge of the accounting systems and processing activities
- Project and time management ability Working knowledge
- Sound knowledge of procurement procedures and systems
- A good understanding of contracts
- A good level of computer ability Awareness
- Community, cultural and political awareness
- Ability to proof read documents for quality