The Purchasing Manager will be responsible for managing the purchasing functions within the policies and guidelines established by management to ensure an uninterrupted supply of materials and services at optimum cost, considering quality, time, and reliability of delivery.
- Follow-up on pending orders that have met or overrun their original delivery date to ensure timely delivery while keeping the concerned project team members informed.
- Monitor suppliers for quality, service, and price through standard purchasing specifications.
- Identify opportunities for continuous improvement of systems, processes and practices considering ‘international best practice’, improvement of business processes, cost reduction and productivity improvement.
- Ensure the efficient operation of the Purchasing Department in all aspects.
- Ensure all supplies dues paid on time (according to LEADTIME file) with coordination the finance department.
- Look for new avenues where we can obtain better deal to replace, if necessary old suppliers.
- Communicate with all related departments and make sure that all hotel members are fully aware of the purchasing and receiving processes and their full understanding of the P&P.
- Follow up internally for all requirements from the HO and make sure that requested files/ documents are submitted on time.
- Develop and maintain good working relationships with external agencies and suppliers to support the smooth operation of the purchasing services.
Qualification / Capabilities:
- Bachelor’s Degree or diploma in Business, Logistics, or a related field may be required.
- 4-7 years relevant experience in purchasing.
- Prefers experience in the hotel and catering industry.
- Fluent in English, both oral and written.
- Good knowledge of MS office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.).
- Supervisory and management experience.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Analytical skills and very well organized.