The Process Engineer will lead process improvement projects across the spectrum of systems and processes for various departments. Apart from this, Process Engineer will also write process specification documents and train other employees. The incumbent will also perform acting duties for various operational positions, as process competence improves.
· Work with manufacturing teams to develop, manage and execute a portfolio of improvement projects and to reduce process variability.
· Train and engage others in the process improvement tools.
· Strongly support supply chain processes, including raw material and equipment procurement.
· Design and implement process improvement programs and analyze production and customer service quality.
· Apply Lean Six Sigma tools and methodology to build, manage and lead cross-functional teams in attacking critical productivity opportunities.
· Act as consultant in assisting all department heads and area functional leaders in achieving goals and removing barriers to optimization.
· Establish appropriate metrics to measure results and drive appropriate behavior.
· Identify and pursue opportunities of continuous improvement outside of comfort zone.
· Mentor other employees in plant improvement initiatives.
· Provide technical assistance for new plant start-up and to others.
· Support new products development.
· Regular reporting of activities.
· Various investigative operational assignments from time to time.
· Strong Leadership, interpersonal and influencing skills
· Strong communication and presentation skills
· Planning and organization
· Analytical skills
Education and Experience
· Bachelor’s degree in Engineering (Mechanical/ Electrical / industrial Specification)
· MBA or Masters in Engineering from a premier institute (Preferable)
· Knowledge of Lean Six Sigma in process development (Preferable)
· Knowledge in analyzing processes and implementation of improvement programs
· Previous experience of working in Insulation industry would be an added advantage
2-3 years of experience would be an added advantage