This position is responsible for the overall production and material planning for a complex manufacturing set up in GCC consisting of two high throughput factories. The role reports to the Supply Chain Head and is based in Yanbu – KSA
Roles & Responsibilities
· Leading and driving the S&OP process in all its stages. He ensures calendar adherence, proper attendance, and quality submission of each cycle numbers. He is accountable along with sales and marketing on quality forecast generation for the agreed horizons and geographies.
· He ensures the best usage of ERP planning tools in the planning process, to convert sales forecast into achievable production and material plans and schedules that optimally balance customer service and operational efficiency.
- Ensures that the planning team assesses and communicates the impact of predicted plan attainment on customer service and ensures that expected obsolete/over stocks are clearly communicated and understood.
- Accountable on inventory optimization, inventory freshness, and phase in phase out of products.
- Ensures the planning team contributes to business planning forums (NPDs, Working Capital reviews, Capacity building reviews), and maintains ongoing dialogue with the operations team to understand production challenges and builds contingency and improvements into plans and schedules.
- Owns and communicates commodity purchase plans with central purchase teams.
- Provide leadership and direction to the planning teams to ensure that people are engaged, focused and delivering to their potential
Work experience requirement
- 10-15 years of relevant experience in supply chain planning in the relevant manufacturing company.
- Must have a bachelor degree in engineering/supply chain or any other relevant discipline.
- Degree caliber understanding of planning process
- FMCG experience with proven track record in planning
- Experience with multisite environment
- Advanced S&OP knowledge and skills
- Experience with planning tools; SAP IBP or Oracle ASCP
- Computer Literacy – advanced
- Awareness of end to end supply chain activities
· Strong analytical skills
· Good presentation capabilities
· Team player
· Ability to coordinate across functions