Main Job Purpose:
The main purpose of this position is to provide technical support to sectors and Departments of ENNRA in terms of regulatory activities and laboratory equipment required for ENRRA’s regulatory inspection activities and processes, in line with ENRRA’s Integrated Management System.
- Provide technical support to sectors and Departments of ENRRA using measurement devices to perform their functions.
- Conduct required measurements and analysis.
- Provide technical assistance in reviewing and evaluating the regulatory aspects related to the work of ENRRA.
- Provide technical support to internal and external stakeholders.
- Apply the specific procedures of quality assurance and quality control to maintain the efficiency of the laboratories and the scientific equipment in a constant and continuous state of readiness.
- Ensure timely delivery of requested support with respect to radiation detection equipment, including documentation and reports.
- Provide expert assistance in the field for the deployment of new or customized radiation detection equipment or special Non-Destructive Measurements NDA measurements.
- Under the supervision of the Department head, contribute specialized expertise to the definition of user requirements, and to other elements related to the development and deployment of innovative instruments and measurement techniques, fulfilling the requested needs.
- Perform calculations, create models, evaluate and analyse the entire life-cycle of irradiation experiments. Estimate the errors, investigate errors propagation, and perform uncertainty analysis.
- Validate codes against international benchmarks and construct computer experiments.
- Utilize radiation transport codes (e.g., MCNP, SCALE, SERPENT, COMSOL, etc.) to achieve results and perform work.
- Process and validate nuclear data libraries
- Enhance the functionality of radiation detection equipment through usability testing, maintenance and calibration.
- Prepare quality controlled technical documents, testing and calibration procedures for equipment, and trip reports that details the deployment, repair, design or calibration of radiation detection equipment.
- Carry out other similar tasks assigned by the Head of Department.
- BSc. in Nuclear Engineering or physics
- Relevant experience of not less than five years in the development, deployment, production and/or use of nuclear NDA instrumentation. Designing, implementing, calibrating and/or maintaining radiation detection equipment for nuclear material characterization;
- Computerized radiation transport simulations, such as Monte Carlo simulations, applied to the design and calibration of radiation detection equipment’s instruments.
- Designing, developing and implementing radiation detection equipment’s with emphasis on gamma spectrometry and/or neutron coincidence counting;
- Awareness of (ISO 9000) family of Quality Management Systems Standards is preferable.
- Experience in using radiation transport codes (e.g., MCNP, SCALE, SERPENT, COMSOL, etc.) is preferable.
- Communication Skills
- Teamwork / Collaboration
- Planning & Organizing
- Commitment Quality & Continues Improvement
- Scientific/ Technical Credibility
- Crisis Management
- Attention to Details
- Knowledge Sharing & Leaning